USGP Camping

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
Looks like a good deal compared to most NASCAR camping

via facebook:

We're now offering multi-night on-site dry camping spots for the #USGP! Spaces are $998 and come with four GA passes for race weekend.

>> Call 512.301.6600 to purchase
>> Learn more: http://bit.ly/COTAmedia

$998 is a good deal? How much for a NASCAR race? I've never camped at the track before for anything. Camped once for the NHRA US Nationals in Indianapolis, we paid way less than that.

TMS is 200-275 for outfield parking depending on where you are. Can't find an infield price. Plus cost of tickets.

General Admissio for USGP is $181 a person. Times 4 is $724.

$998 - $724 = $274 to camp

So I guess it's even?

Yeah, $274 for four people for a weekend's lodging is probably a deal in Austin unless you all wanted to stuff into an EconoLodge double room or something.

Yeah, $274 for four people for a weekend's lodging is probably a deal in Austin unless you all wanted to stuff into an EconoLodge double room or something.
My friends had to drive n hour each way to their hotel. Austin doesn't any many where the track is (it's right outside austin) so your choices are camp, get the few nearby hotels, or drive from uptown/downtown.

TMS is the same way. 2 hotels that are empty 345 days of the year, and full 20 days of the year. All other hotels are ~45 minutes away or more.

Back
Top Bottom