USPS package tracking

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
I gotta tell ya..... Sometimes I look at these tracking pages in amazement.

My daughter, who currently resides in Philadelphia, ordered a pair of gloves online the other day. She received a shipment notification the next day saying that it would be delivered on January 25th. Longer than she would have liked but they were the gloves she was looking for. Turns out the gloves were coming from Brooklyn, NY only about 2 hours or 100 miles away. One look at the USPS Tracking revealed why there'd be such a wait.....

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled.jpg

So, far, that package is 247 miles into it's 100 mile journey. It's already been to its destination once but then naturally headed back to its origination to make the round trip again I suppose. Well, it's got about 11 more days to get there. By that time it may have more than 1000 miles on it getting between the two locations. Amazing. :rolleyes:

I gotta tell ya..... Sometimes I look at these tracking pages in amazement.

My daughter, who currently resides in Philadelphia, ordered a pair of gloves online the other day. She received a shipment notification the next day saying that it would be delivered on January 25th. Longer than she would have liked but they were the gloves she was looking for. Turns out the gloves were coming from Brooklyn, NY only about 2 hours or 100 miles away. One look at the USPS Tracking revealed why there'd be such a wait.....

View attachment 23409

View attachment 23408

So, far, that package is 247 miles into it's 100 mile journey. It's already been to its destination once but then naturally headed back to its origination to make the round trip again I suppose. Well, it's got about 11 more days to get there. By that time it may have more than 1000 miles on it getting between the two locations. Amazing. :rolleyes:
Our postal service hard at work. :XXROFL:

I've seen this happen, and it's usually because it was either placed in the wrong bin, or the computer could not read the address and sent it back for manual review (which more commonplace is not at every station). Seems to happen quite a bit if the package has gotten wet. I type out the labels on anything I send now.

I'm in MO and I had a package earlier this year that was suppose to go to California ended up in Jersey City NJ. I called them wondering what in the world was going on, they said it just got on the wrong truck lol. It had a good little journey.

I ordered something off eBay one time, and never saw that the seller actually lived in the same town... My package was shipped from Waldorf, Maryland and went out to USPS in Waldorf, Maryland, then out to Northern Virginia then to some DC suburb in Maryland, then back to Waldorf then to my house. Comedy.

I had a similar tracking adventure. I had ordered a wooden clock kit from a company located a couple hours from Minneapolis where I live. The tracking had it going to Iowa, then to Florida, then back to Iowa, and finally to Minneapolis. My package was on tour.

Quick update.....

They did finally deliver this package the second time around its arrival in Philadelphia. Slightly more than a week to make the 100 mile trip from New York. I think they must have had to stop to change horses along the way.

Ordered a item from Amazon, two day shipping.

Confirmation email says delivery on Sunday the 22th. We have received stuff from Amazon on Sunday's many times before. Got this message Sunday night.The carrier is the USPS

Sunday, Jan 22
2:41 PM
Carrier is unable to gain access to front door to deliver the package. Please contact the carrier to resolve

I asked why it wasn't delivered Sunday and got a snarky ''it's my day off....''

Back
Top Bottom