VALLEYSTAR CREDIT UNION 300 CANCELED

Of all the events that could have achieved social distancing guidelines this was the one.. 8 thousand people in a venue that seats just about 40k that is 20% capacity. Meanwhile damn near a capacity crowd at Lakeview tonight... Move the event to Dillon or Florence Motor Speedway and we just might have something.

Of all the events that could have achieved social distancing guidelines this was the one.. 8 thousand people in a venue that seats just about 40k that is 20% capacity. Meanwhile damn near a capacity crowd at Lakeview tonight... Move the event to Dillon or Florence Motor Speedway and we just might have something.
Is the capacity at Dillon even enough for an event of that size ? Seemed like a pretty small amount of seating when I went..

Very strange. The Northeast equivalent, the 200 lap modified race+a couple support divisions is still on with fans at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.

Is the capacity at Dillon even enough for an event of that size ? Seemed like a pretty small amount of seating when I went..
Capacity at Dillon or Florence would be less than what the Valley Star draws but the governor of SC luckily has no vendetta against racing... and with Myrtle Beach gone these LLM & LMSC guys need a big-money end-of-year event... Just an idea.

Capacity at Dillon or Florence would be less than what the Valley Star draws but the governor of SC luckily has no vendetta against racing... and with Myrtle Beach gone these LLM & LMSC guys need a big-money end-of-year event... Just an idea.

Pretty sure the Governor of South Carolina has told those tracks they can't have fans. That's what Ron Barfield said, but tracks just defied the orders.

Difference is, none of the South Carolina tracks, in apparently defying orders, are flipping off the governor in the process.

Very strange. The Northeast equivalent, the 200 lap modified race+a couple support divisions is still on with fans at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
Also strange that the Oxford 250 in Maine ran without fans. Which was a disappointment for me as I was only 30 miles from the track. Maine's numbers are crazy low, for example 15 cases for the entire state reported yesterday.

And here all my local short tracks have been drawing in spectators far beyond seating capacity for months without issue

Florence Motor Speedway is going to host what used to be the Myrtle Beach 400 this year in November. Same rules, schedule. Purse etc...

Reactions: sky
Back
Top Bottom