Verizon IndyCar Series posts major ratings increase on NBC Sports Network

Damn, ratings for Houston were up 144% and they aren't bringing that race back next year. :(

Impressive numbers compared to 2013. NBC Sports has done a really nice job advertising and I wonder if NBC becoming the main motorsports network in this country next year will help everyone's numbers. (F1, NASCAR, Indy)

Very good to see, although I wonder if they can keep it up next year losing Houston and Toronto. I suspect Mosport will be a great event and New Orleans may have the name to make up for Houston.

ABC's slate was up in viewership as well (even excluding the Indy 500) so overall a very good year for the series.

That's awesome. I'm glad Indycar is growing. It's crazy how much that split hurt the sport.

Right now anyway, you can watch almost the whole race even during commercials, and the racing is good and close with a variety of tracks ovals, street, and road courses. IMO that is a good formula for growth.

Damn, ratings for Houston were up 144% and they aren't bringing that race back next year. :(
Houston had two races this year. You are right.......it is odd why they would drop it from the schedule. :(

Impressive numbers compared to 2013. NBC Sports has done a really nice job advertising and I wonder if NBC becoming the main motorsports network in this country next year will help everyone's numbers. (F1, NASCAR, Indy)
I have noticed this year that during each race of these three, they advertise the other races. Like......during Indycar, they will advertise NASCAR and Formula 1. I think that really helps.

Plus, it reminds me to get up and make sure I have the TIVO set to record it.
:)

Back
Top Bottom