Verizon wireless vs. AT&T wireless

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
A long, long time ago I had Cellular One Bag Phone. Their service was spotty at best but the phone served its purpose at the time. I was out on the road. My wife was expecting at the time and I needed to stay in contact. Sometime later we switched to AT&T because the were the provider that best services our area. They were soon passed by Verizon as the service to have around the areas that we frequented. We made the switch to Verizon where we've remained for many years. Their coverage is excellent as you traverse this country. Therein lies the problem..... this country. Their service is horrendous at best once you cross our northern border. I spend a lot of time traveling in and out of Canada. While I subscribed to the Verizon Unlimited Data plan, the term 'Unlimited' is used loosely. I had a plan with Verizon that allowed for Unlimited talk/text/data across our northern border but it turns out your capped at .5GB per day in Canada. After that, speeds are slowed to the point of rendering the web access completely useless. Once you reach your daily limit of Unlimited data, they want to charge a fee for additional data. Verizon apparently finds the term 'Unlimited' confusing or simply has its own definition. Even their talk/text service is greatly reduced to our North. They don't of any options for me that could help. So..... the switch was made. I moved back to AT&T. Their international plan is truly Unlimited. Their service is far superior to our northern border.

All that being said. Verizon`s service across THIS country is awesome. So is AT&T's. Now, I'm strictly talking interstate travel. Very few dropped calls. Streaming all day/nightwith very few hiccups. The country will probably never be competitive serviced but it's pretty damn good overall. YMMV

Had several days/nights in Canada since my switch to AT&T. Has worked flawlessly. Unlimited international data is truly Unlimited. So far I'm glad I made the switch.

My wife and mother in law just made the same switch

I've bounced back and forth between them. At this point I agree that both networks are very reliable and comparable for 95% of people. There are some slight differences if you travel in the West frequently off the beaten path. I have landed on AT&T because the deal was better at the time, but would switch back if that changed.

I've bounced back and forth between them. At this point I agree that both networks are very reliable and comparable for 95% of people. There are some slight differences if you travel in the West frequently off the beaten path. I have landed on AT&T because the deal was better at the time, but would switch back if that changed.
I pretty much stick to the nations interstate system. Both Verizon and AT&T have dependable service. Canadian travel was my deciding factor in making the switch. Verizon's Unlimited Data option does not extend to Canada. AT&T's does. I would have stuck with Verizon if they would have allowed for Canadian travel.

Back
Top Bottom