Verstappen/Kvyat seat swap?!!

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...rstappen-kvyat-as-early-as-spanish-gp-733475/

Very interesting, very odd.

Also, I love how a demotion is going to help Kvyat "regain confidence". Riiiight

Lol. No way in hell that would happen, but moving Veratappen up too quickly to RBR might be a bad move. Or maybe Kvyat is replaceable because of the talent of Sainz and Veratappen? I just cannot see that happening, its very disheartening to a driver to demote them.

If they do, I expect Kvyat to leave at the end of the season. Also, with guys like Button, Alonso, Massa, and Raikkonen getting older... Many seats will begin to open.

Red Bull is afraid that they are going to lose Verstappen, so why not give him an opprotunity to see what the actual RBR car is like...

This is ridiculous though because didn't Red Bull forget that Kvyat was on the podium at China? Guys have some short memories, but this is all a marketing ploy. Verstappen is going to worth a lot in terms of future sponsorship... Red Bull know that Ferrari, Mercedes, Mclaren, and heck even Williams want a shot at Verstappen.

It's official btw: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-confirms-verstappen-kvyat-swap-for-spain-733539/

I wonder who Kvyat drives for next year. His time with Red Bull/Toro Rosso is clearly done after this year. I hope it's not a career cut short.

What he said..
image.jpg

Verstappen winning in his first race proves it was a good move.

Verstappen winning in his first race proves it was a good move.
A lot easier to win when the two toughest contenders wreck each other out, your team later puts you on the better strategy relative to your teammate, and you find yourself in the lead on a track that's one of the toughest to pass on in all of F1. Max got a lot of gifts this weekend.

That said, Max will probably pan out better than Kvyat. I just hope Daniil can land a ride somewhere.

A lot easier to win when the two toughest contenders wreck each other out, your team later puts you on the better strategy relative to your teammate, and you find yourself in the lead on a track that's one of the toughest to pass on in all of F1. Max got a lot of gifts this weekend.

That said, Max will probably pan out better than Kvyat. I just hope Daniil can land a ride somewhere.

I think Williams would be a good spot. It all depends on if they want to keep Massa and Bottas together for another year.

Also, it will be hard for him to find a seat. He has money, but can he get the ride? Most teams are filled up, if I was Mclaren I would be eyeing him along with Vandoorne for the future.

Of course, it always takes the perfect storm of things to happen for an upset in racing. It would've been the same case if Larson closed the deal yesterday. Red Bull did 2 different strategies to better their chances of winning, I didn't think the 2 stop strategy would work I thought for sure it would be between Vettel and Ricciardo

Of course, it always takes the perfect storm of things to happen for an upset in racing. It would've been the same case if Larson closed the deal yesterday. Red Bull did 2 different strategies to better their chances of winning, I didn't think the 2 stop strategy would work I thought for sure it would be between Vettel and Ricciardo
Ricciardo was pissed about that. Rarely in the past have Red Bull botched the strategy but they really did there, taking him from the lead to off the podium. Not only that, but Ferrari bested them on that same strategy since Red Bull didn't do Ricciardo's third stop until well after Vettel's.

Back
Top Bottom