Versus coverage, year one; thoughts?

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
I've gotta say, I've got my gripes about IRL and about Versus not being on DirecTV.

All that aside, I thought they did an outstanding job with the IRL broadcasts this year. Their coverage was exceptional all year. Great overall package. Awesome announcing, great pit reporting, decent graphics, limited commercials and everything flowed smoothly. And how awesome is it to have Bob Jenkins back in the booth?

I've gotta say, I've got my gripes about IRL and about Versus not being on DirecTV.

All that aside, I thought they did an outstanding job with the IRL broadcasts this year. Their coverage was exceptional all year. Great overall package. Awesome announcing, great pit reporting, decent graphics, limited commercials and everything flowed smoothly. And how awesome is it to have Bob Jenkins back in the booth?

I personaly like the Versus coverage myself. Plus despite the DirecTv contraversy right now, Versus devoted an entire weekend in May to show every second of Indy 500 qualifying, something the Abc/Espn's never did. Versus seems more willing to work with the series and give them a decent ammount of time before and after each race. Whats happening now is purely greed on behalf of both Comcast and DirecTv.

I have already stated what I thought about the move to Versus before the season began so I dont need to rehash it here. It wasnt positive but if you are curious, just do a search on it.;)

I have already stated what I thought about the move to Versus before the season began so I dont need to rehash it here. It wasnt positive but if you are curious, just do a search on it.;)

+1

What's the point of having great coverage, if the races can't be seen in most households?

That's like having the world's fastest car with no tires.

I find it funny that its only options are be on a national channel with coverage that makes people not wanna watch or be on small station with good coverage but hardly anyone can watch.

Back
Top Bottom