Veteran's Day at Kansas for ARCA Series

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Bittersweet night. Tonight will be James Harvey Hylton's last race while Frank Kimmel will clinch his 10th series championship.

The race is scheduled for 8:30pm EST on FOX Sports 1, will probably be moved to FOX Sports 2 if the race is postponed until tomorrow.

broadcast crew must have lifetime free zaxby cards ! ha!

Pretty amazing Mingus and Boston finished 2nd and 3rd in the points. Couple of good rookies.

Pretty amazing Mingus and Boston finished 2nd and 3rd in the points. Couple of good rookies.

Boston and Mingus were both very good and contenders for wins, although, overall, ARCA's fulltime drivers were of very low quality this year. Only 2 drivers that ran the full season won races this year (Frank Kimmel with 4 wins and Tom Hessert III with 1 win). So 16 of the wins went to part time drivers...
Hopefully a few more guys step up and run the full season next year...

so that is supposed to mean low quality? Many of the part timers were running the K&N series. They're racing in races for the purse whatever series, most of them.

good racin ......when cameras go back in pack......all year.
better than many snoozefests in cup this yr.

Yeah my only complaint is that they cut to the winner Kimmel, who was way out front, instead of showing the three who were racing for a spot. Would have been ok if they would have replayed their battle to the finish after Kimmel crossed the line.

so that is supposed to mean low quality? Many of the part timers were running the K&N series. They're racing in races for the purse whatever series, most of them.

Maybe it seems good to you, but I think 4 full time drivers that that are actually good doesn't seem like a good thing for any series. They've got Kimmel, Hessert, Boston, Mingus.. and Milka Duno and James Hylton. Might be a couple more crap cars that ran the full season, but those 4 were really the only ones with a chance of doing anything. ARCA has had much better/bigger groups of quality full time drivers in past years. Last year Venturini ran 3 full time cars (and one of them was not Milka!)
I don't think its a bad thing to hope that the series has a bigger/better group of full time drivers for next season...

well, like I said your idea and mine about the quality of racing are two different things. I don't really care if a full timer or a part timer wins the race. The quality of the racing matters to me. I saw good racing in both ARCA and K&N this year.

well, like I said your idea and mine about the quality of racing are two different things. I don't really care if a full timer or a part timer wins the race. The quality of the racing matters to me. I saw good racing in both ARCA and K&N this year.

I never said anything about K&N, they don't have the problems ARCA is having. I think the quality of the racing in both series is great, that's why I attend a lot of their races, if I thought the racing was crap I wouldn't drive all over the place and support them with my money. Would just like to see ARCA have more quality drivers run full time, also they get way too many start and park cars at ARCA events, I have not seen that problem at any K&N races.

Back
Top Bottom