Villeneuve's future?

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
I've read where Jacques has been invited to drive in the 24 hours of LeMans. He's said that he would love to win that race. So, what do you think the Canadian will do next year? There are a lot of possibilities for him, but F1 certainly doesn't seem to be one of them right now. While he could sit out next year without any money problems, he could retire for that matter, if he is to continue racing, he needs to find something that will challenge him so that he can stay sharp. Any ideas?

Many rumors surround his poor soul. Leaving Williams was a huge mistake. I could see him running the 24 hours just because of the challange it presents. He will not be in F1 next year, salary requested is way to high for Jordan, Minardi, or Jaguar the remaining teams with seats open. He was going to go to IRL, turned that down as did Frentzen. CART would be another logical move but the sport might not be there next year, and once again no one in the US can pay that salary of his. I think he should retire from open wheel racing. Look what happened to Zanardi. Its not worth it. He was also linked with talks with McLaren for a test seat for next season and could be one option later to fill DC's shoes. Once again those talks have been mentioned as failed attempts. His future is very much up in the air at the moment.

BTW welcome to the F1 boards, sorry its a little slow during the off season until testing resumes.

Originally posted by BebiF1@Nov 13 2003, 11:36 AM
BTW welcome to the F1 boards, sorry its a little slow during the off season until testing resumes.
Thanks for the welcome. I've been here before, but it's been a while. As a race fan, I love all forms of it. I haven't watched much F1 racing since Senna was killed, not because his death bothered me, but mostly because of the television thing. I have always liked Jacques since his days in CART. There are lots of places that he could go, but in many minds, what's left after F1? Everything else would be downward technology wise. I've read that he said that he would drive for much less money if the team was right, meaning Farrari I do believe. Anyway, I'm always game for talk. I might not be very knowledgable at this point, but I'm willing to chat. :)

1994 bothers me a lot more now than it did in 94. One because of the huge fan I have become of F1 and all racing in the last few years, but I was only 8 in 94. Dont remember much from that far back. The early 90's really interests me as far as F1 goes. The legends themselves fighting every race. Senna's tradigies were pretty huge for the sport as it turned a lot of people away I think.

Once testing resumes, I think I can get this part of the forum chatting a little bit more, seems like the F1 board lacks fans compared to of course Nascar, but it does better than IRL and CART. Hope you stick around and chat!

I'll be here, but again, I don't get many chances to watch the racing. There have been many great moments in F1 racing throughout the years and now is no different. I used to make a few models of F1 cars with my favorite one being the John Player Special in which Mario Andretti drove. Beautiful car...all black with gold pin striping and decals. Those cars back then were the marvels of technology, but as I try to compare them with today's cars, they really were quite antiquated. :)

I think I heard somewhere that he would drive in nothing less than F1 for a season. Mistake IMO. That would be great to see him in the 24, everyone wants to win the 24 for sure. SO if he truly wants to race in F1 why wouldn't a guy lower his salary request? I don't know, I'm not him but Another few million on the top wouln't out weigh me being in a f1 car.

I think leaving Cart was very Risky for Jacques. Its much harder obviously to make it in F1. Larry McRenolds asked Jeff Gordon about attempting F1 in an interview on Speed's Trackside show. Gordon said it was too Risky to go off and do that even though he has had Offers! Gordon said he would have had to Run Cart for a few years then have a "Chance" to go to F1!

Hopefully it all works out for Jacques one way or another!

Flyboy, yeah, it was risky for Jacques to leave CART, but he did it and won an F1 championship. I guess he made the right move though. Now he faces his biggest challenge. Finding a ride that he can win with.

JV only has himself to blame for his situation, but he always tries to blame others...firstly...he's not worth the amount of money he demands, and that also leaves me to believe he turned greedy...even the beter drivers, exception MS, doesn't get that much money, so why should he demand that much, but above all...he shouldn't have stayed so long with BAR, again showing me that he thought of the money, and that the team would stick with him for another year, but instead of demanding so much, the team can use it to better affect to improve the car, and that's where Dave Richards drew the line with JV. I'm pretty sure his days are numbered as an F1 driver, but anything can happen, because I like him as a character in F1, very outspoken, but still he valued himself too highly to be taken seriously by the other teams, because he knew BAR was his only haven for a drive...no other team would take him...sadly.

I think he should go for saloon car racing...maybe he'll learn to respect the sport more, and what it all involves...not just the driver alone...enuff said. :)

ahhhh If you don't get a ride in a Ferrari or a Beamer ..........you aint gonna win >>> i wouldn't put all the blame on JV !!!!

Back
Top Bottom