Vision Racing Ceases Operation

D

DanicaFan

Well, Tony George not only left the IRL & IMS, he has now ceased operation of his IRL Team, Vision Racing. He has laid off approximately 20 employees. The reason for this is lack of sponsorship.

Tony George said efforts will continually be made to acquire sponsorship but it doesnt look good. Menard's did not extend their sponsorship this year.

It's also unsure as to what will happen to Ed Carpenter, his driver for the team.

how the mighty have fallen. will tg disappear completely from auto racing?

Woah! That went quick. Resigned from his position started the downfall. Too bad really.

There is still a small glimmer of hope at Vision Racing. They are on Facebook and they are receiving a lot of letters from fans in hopes that all this response will attract a sponsor for them. I hope they can pull it off. I would hate to see Ed Carpenter not have a ride this year.

i hope that they secure a sponsor also. i don't like to see anybody lose a ride. makes me wonder though if this is primarily due to the fault of the bad economy, IRL series management in general or tony george's management of vision racing in particular. probably a combination of all three but it's still sad to see it unfold.

I can't say that I am particularly saddened to see TG go. He is, after all the idiot that made about 75% of the season unwatchable for me as a result of the deal with Versus. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom