Vitor Replaces Dario at ALMS Race

D

DanicaFan

Andretti Green Racing announced that Vitor Meira will join Tony Kanaan and Bryan Herta behind the wheel of the No. 26 XM Satellite Radio Acura LMP2 car in this weekend's Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta.

Meira is replacing Dario Franchitti, who was released Oct. 2 from his Andretti Green Racing driver agreement. Meira has one previous American Le Mans Series start, which resulted in a third-place overall finish in last year's Petit Le Mans.

"This is a great opportunity for me and I'm looking forward to driving for Andretti Green Racing with Bryan and Tony," said Meira, who has made 76 IndyCar Series starts. "I know XM and Acura have put a lot of effort into the car and hopefully I can help them win their first Petit Le Mans."

Andretti Green Racing is seeking its second victory in its first ALMS season. The XM Acura team scored an LMP2 class win at the season-opening Twelve Hours of Sebring.

"Vitor has shown a lot of speed throughout his career and will help give us a good shot to compete for a win this weekend at Road Atlanta," team co-owner Michael Andretti said. "He's done a great job for Honda over the years and we're excited about seeing him in the XM Acura this weekend with Bryan and Tony."

I wonder if this means Vitor has the nod to be Dario's replacement for the 2008 IRL season ??

This race is going to start soon. Let's pull for the Andretti Green Team !

Thanks...i betcha..one day she will slide over in Nascar....

her dad already enterained the idea once.....

King Richard..gonna luv that...

Back
Top Bottom