Volunteer Speedway on Bristol weekend

T

TN-Ward-Fan

www.volunteerspeedway.com

Volunteer Speedway schedules ‘Twin 50’ $2,500-to-win events for both Super and Limited Late Models on March 21-22

BULLS GAP, Tenn. – The NASCAR Winston Cup and Busch Grand National series' will make their annual springtime visit to Bristol Motor Speedway the third weekend in March, but that won't be the only racing action in the region. Volunteer Speedway will kick-off its 2003 racing season on Friday and Saturday, March 21-22, with $2,500-to-win events scheduled for both the Super Late Model and Limited Late Model competitors.

With $5,000 in winner's purses up for grabs, a strong field of the East Tennessee region's top Late Model talent is expected to be present.

Qualifying and heat races are scheduled for the SLM's and LLM's on Friday night (March 21), along with feature races for the Sportsman, Hobby Stock and 4-Cylinders.

The Super Late Models will run a 50-lap feature, while the Limited Late Models will also mix it up for 50 exciting laps around the high-banked, 4/10-mile speedplant on Saturday (March 22). Also in action Saturday night will be the UMP (Open-Wheel) Modifieds.

Grandstand Admission: $10 Friday, March 21 ... $15 Saturday, March 22

Pit Admission: $20 Friday, March 21 ... $25 Saturday, March 22

Volunteer Speedway: (423) 235-5020 www.VolunteerSpeedway.com

Anyone coming to Bristol for the race that would be interested in seeing one of the finest dirt tracks in America, lemme know. I'll be happy to provide directions or answer any questions I can. This place really is incredible.

I'd love to get there someday, but it won't be this year. I tried coming down there for their Spring Thaw race two years ago but it got rained out. Tried going to Atomic last spring and got rained out of that one too. But they're both great tracks. I'd give good money to watch 410 sprints race at both of 'em.

:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom