Volunteer Speedway will require Raceivers in 2008 for all classes

kelloggs5TLfan

Team Owner
Posted by RW at http://mrmracing.net/messageboard/index.php?topic=5250.0

I'd meant to pass this information along to everyone back at the first of the week but I didn't do it then, and midweek is when I had my heart issue scare.

All competitors please take note that Volunteer Speedway will require Raceivers in 2008 for all classes. For anyone wanting to buy your favorite racer something for his race car at Christmas, the Raceceivers are currently in stock at the track office (the former Volunteer Tire location) in Kingsport.

Call (423) 378-5942 and ask for Phyllis Loven, she should be in the office each day next week. She can also be reached at her cell phone (423) 676-9081

There are more and more tracks going to these units. If the people are properly traied and use the equipment right, they really speed up the show. I saw them used a Knoxville Iowa at the DLM show and I was impressed. Not only did it aid in the line up, but they had a jumbo tron at the end of the track and it kept a runing lap count and position of each car and it did it instantaniously, it was awsume. No more wondering who was a lap car and who wasn't. Can ya tell I liked them? If they are miss used and we were in that area too, in Las Vegas, two of the raceciever numbers were switched and it created hell for us. But when used right, holy cow, what a difference.
Duane

I hope they (track officals) practice and know how to use them before the season starts. LOL I haven't read any real negative things about them.

I'll tell ya, they are a sweet deal when used right, they move the show along real well. Another thing we use out here are one way radios from the race director to all the drivers symocast. Also great for the line up and also they are used for warnings if someone is going a bit astray. Also get used for yellows, we don't race back to the yellows out here so if the director hollers yellow, everyone slows. Generally works pretty well, the radios are a little finicky and some times static up a bit so the driver will remove the ear piece, but not to often. Duane

Volunteer Speedway - 2008 racing information
http://www.volunteerspeedway.com/

BULLS GAP, Tenn. — The four classes racing weekly in 2008 at Volunteer Speedway will be Super Late Model, Crate Late Model, Hobby Stock and Mini Stock. The tentative rules found on the track Web site (2008 Track Rules) will be followed for the 2008 season.

All Mini Stock competitors please pay close attention: The Mini Stock cars are very important to the weekly racing programs at Volunteer Speedway. But being the Mini Stock car-count has steadlily declined over the past couple of seasons, on occasions dropping below 10 cars during the 2007 racing season, car-count must pick up in 2008 for this class to remain. The track is looking for at least a 12-14 car field weekly. So Mini Stock competitors, spread the word around to all of your fellow racers and talk it up ... the car-count must be healthy. Below 10 cars will not be sufficient for the class to exist!!!!!

The 2008 racing season will open Feb. 29-March 1 with the running of the Advance Auto Parts Thunder Series $10,000-to-win "10th Annual Spring Thaw 100."

Weather cooperating, the track hopes to hold a couple of Saturday afternoon open practices during the second half of the month of February. When tentative practice date(s) are decided, the information will be here on the track Web site and on the track phone recording.

Volunteer Speedway: (423) 235-5020
Track Office (Weekdays Only): (423) 378-5942
Robert Walden-Public Relations Director: (423) 928-9644
Jimmy Meade-Marketing and Sales: (423) 817-0925

Back
Top Bottom