Volunteer Speedway

kelloggs5TLfan

Team Owner
Volunteer Speedway to host World of Outlaws Late Model Series

Click the H2 logo on the left for Friday's $3,000-to-win Super Late Model entry form.
BULLS GAP, Tenn. – Volunteer Speedway will kick off its 2004 racing season in grand style with a big weekend of exciting action at the high-banked, 4/10-mile speedplant on Friday and Saturday, March 26-27. The Duayne Hommel Benefit is scheduled for Friday night, and the World of Outlaws Late Model Series makes its first-ever visit to the track on Saturday competing in a 60-lap feature paying $10,000-to-win.

The Duayne Hommel Benefit presented by Hoosier Tire South, on Friday (March 26), will feature a $3,000-to-win (35 laps) Super Late Model event. For drivers failing to make the 24-car starting field for the $3,000-to-win main, a $1,000-to-win (Non Qualifiers) race will be run. There will be a $50 entry fee for the Super Late Models.

Also scheduled are Limited Late Model, Hobby Stock, 4-Cylinder and Front Wheel Drive features. Friday grandstand admission is $15, with pit passes and backside tier-parking $25.

An exciting World of Outlaws Late Model show with qualifying, heats and consolation(s) highlights Saturday (March 27) night's racing program. The WoO Late Model feature will be 60 laps paying $10,000-to-win. Also in action will be the UMP (Open-Wheel) Modifieds. Saturday grandstand admission is $25, with pit passes and backside tier-parking $35.

Heading to “The Gap” with the World of Outlaws Late Model Series will be the “Dirty Dozen” … arguably 12 of the top names in dirt racing: Scott Bloomquist, Billy Moyer, Rick Eckert, Steve Francis, Dale McDowell, Dan Schlieper, Bart Hartman, Wendell Wallace, Rick Aukland, Mike Balzano, Chub Frank and Darrell Lanigan.

Besides the WoO regulars, expect a stellar field of heavy-hitters from the world of dirt Late Model racing to also be present. And of course, look for a strong contingent of East Tennessee locals to be on hand trying to defend their home turf from the “outlaws.” This event is shaping up to be quite possibly the biggest race ever held at Volunteer Speedway.

For more information, contact the track at (423) 235-5020, General Manager Doug Gillenwater at (423) 817-0925, Public Relations Director Robert Walden at (423) 928-9644 or by e-mail at [email protected].

Bloomquist is hands down the best driver I have ever seen on dirt. If only he could get his off-track life straightened out. :angry:

I can't be objective when it comes to Bloomer, I watched him race at Volunteer when he started out and watched him cheat. I haven't had any use or respect for him as a driver since.

If he's the only driver there to get away with something I'll eat my hat.

Originally posted by kelloggs5@Feb 28 2004, 12:12 PM
I can't be objective when it comes to Bloomer, I watched him race at Volunteer when he started out and watched him cheat. I haven't had any use or respect for him as a driver since.
:rolleyes:
Key Words:
I can't be objective
It's been years ago
No he is not the only one, but he is the only one I have saw get by with it, when it was that obvious. 
Track has different owners now.

Back
Top Bottom