Wally to drive in BGN

A

Awesome_Bill

Wally Dbach has now teamed up with Tommy Baldwin to drive in BGN.
High Point, N.C., (July 24, 2002) – In a deal signed Tuesday July 23rd , Tommy Baldwin Racing and "Pepsi" have joined forces with driver Wally Dallenbach in a (3) three race agreement which will have TBR field Dodge powered cars driven by Dallenbach at the upcoming NASCAR Busch Series "Cabela’s 250" @ Michigan International Speedway August 17th, 2002, "The Charlotte 300" @ Lowe's Motor Speedway October 12th, 2002 and "The Arizona 200" @ Phoenix International Speedway November 9th, 2002.

Dallenbach, the talented color commentator for the NBC and TNT networks (covering NASCAR Winston Cup and Busch Series races) along with his broadcast partners, Allen Bestwick and Benny Parsons, will be part of a unique twist of broadcasting tailored to give the television viewers a driver’s perspective. Dallenbach will have voice transmissions to crew chief, Tommy Baldwin, and communication to Bestwick and Parsons, when possible, under caution periods. An "In car Camera" will also be added to the package that will show what Dallenbach views both ahead, behind and beside him, as well as, showing his feet and hand movement.

"The folks at NBC and TNT have been gracious enough to allow me to step out of the booth these three Saturdays in order to get back in a race car. The feel and experience of once again driving will enrich my commentary come Sunday each week. I look forward to working with the folks from Pepsi and Tommy Baldwin and his group," said Dallenbach. "It will be fun and exciting for us all."

"We have worked very hard at building our program toward a full time effort in 2003. The idea of getting on board with Wally and a company as powerful as Pepsi is extremely exciting for our team. We are thankful that Wally and Pepsi considered our team for this venture and we intend to do the very best that we can to field a first class effort capable of racing up front at each event," said Co-owner and crew chief, Tommy Baldwin.

Originally posted by Awesome_Bill
Dallenbach, the talented color commentator for the NBC and TNT networks (covering NASCAR Winston Cup and Busch Series races) along with his broadcast partners, Allen Bestwick and Benny Parsons, will be part of a unique twist of broadcasting tailored to give the television viewers a driver’s perspective. Dallenbach will have voice transmissions to crew chief, Tommy Baldwin, and communication to Bestwick and Parsons, when possible, under caution periods. An "In car Camera" will also be added to the package that will show what Dallenbach views both ahead, behind and beside him, as well as, showing his feet and hand movement.  

Don't see how this is overly unique. The same views have been available for years. Conversations between drivers and CC are commonly eavesdropped now. And we've heard DW and Benny talk with drivers on the radio prerace and during cautions many times as well.

The big difference will be that before it was always a race driver in the car..wait, did that come out right??:)

LOL HS. NBC probably paid off Baldwin just to get some ratings. Waste of time and money if you ask me. That car will get better images from off track then on;) ;)

well, i hope wally knows what hes getting into, it sounds like more of a commentator going racing than a driver with communication. hope he doesnt use up his mental ability on the stupid microphone:eek:

I just hope Wally Dallenbach doesn't start wearing his wife's underwear again for good luck... I hope everyone has heard about that TRUE story by now.

When Wally Dallenbach started announcing, he made a reference to this so I decided to start asking people around to get details. This is what I've found:

Back when Wally Dallenbach was driving either the Hayes Modems Ford or Bud Chevy, Wally was getting ready to race that day. He noticed that he was out of underwear, but was in a hurry, so grabbed his wife's Winnie the Pooh underwear and put it on for the race. The problem was he ended up having his best run of the season, so he thought his wife's underwear was good luck. I $hit you not. So he started wearing his wife's underwear to a couple other tracks and ended up having a streak of good runs. Now, maybe if he had kept this to himself, this wouldn't have been so bad, but aparrently he started boasting about his new good luck charm to some of his fellow competitors.

And that's Wally Dallenbach for you.

Yes RpMallen Speaks of the Truth. I too heard this. It will be NASTY if his wife has nothing but thongs....:)

yuck---bad thought it almost makes my mind wonder to seeing mark martin in a thong----now that is a bad mental picture :bleh:

okay, thongs and drivers are not two things i ever wanted to picture being together.

I just feel bad for Wally Dallenbach's wife. Every time his career is going south, she has to hide her undee's. lol.

Back
Top Bottom