Walt Disney World Speedway

Is The Mickyard worthy of a future Cup date?

• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
If spruced back up and modernized, do you think "The Mickyard" would be a practical NASCAR track?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Disney_World_Speedway

walt-disney-world-speedway-1.jpg

walt-disney-world-speedway-2.jpg

WDW+Track.jpg

I'm pretty sure they announced plans to tear it down

'The Mickyard' lol nice.

I've always liked the unique layout. A shame they are talking about tearing it down

Edit: they did tear it down. Sad

I voted yes because I wish FL had more tracks lol. It has been torn down though - future parking lot.

Cause Disney isn't getting enough $17 parking off of people...

Not sure if you guys knew or heard about it, but someone was killed there in a Lamborghini a few years ago and that ultimately snowballed into its closing down.

Figures... Joe Schmoe rent-a-racer kills themselves and everyone pays.

Wow , all this stuff about this track has completely left my
memory banks. Interesting blast from the past. I would of
guessed Schmidt hurt himself at Indy, but it was here.

I always loved the layout. Too bad it didn't work out.

Like many things these days the track had a relatively short lifespan and I understand it now being used as a parking lot.

Maybe TRD could hold a private race for Toyotas only, that way they could get a victory.
Toyota won the 2016 manufactures championship, but lets not let those pesky facts get in the way of your hatred towards Toyota.

I think you need to try harder, just saying.

Is there a reason why IRL and the Trucks raced there in January and not during a more traditional race month? I assume that it was because Disney didn't want a race there during peak tourist season.

Nothing happened at the track except for the Petty Experience.

Someone had a bad accident there some years back as well, I think that was the nail in the coffin for WDW.

Nothing happened at the track except for the Petty Experience.

Someone had a bad accident there some years back as well, I think that was the nail in the coffin for WDW.

Auburndale still there?

I contributed to a fellow employee retirement surprise gift of a Walt Disney World vacation.I don't know how families can afford to pay these prices they charge now.

I think the track is there (at least it was a few years ago), but the grandstands have been long gone.
The track is still there at Nazareth but yes the stands were removed in 2006 I believe.

Totally forgot this place existed, a neat little track. "The Mickyard" reminded me of a mini version of Pocono. I really miss Indy Car at Nazareth though.

Back
Top Bottom