Waltkins Glen Race Thread

N

Nascar24rainbow

What a first lap at Waltkins Glen. Jeff gets turned around in the first turn, Kyle Petty wrecks, and Sterling Marlin blows the engiene. I hope Jeff can get back up front for the win but its going to be hard for him.

Greg Biffle is leading the arce after he turned Gordon around.

Junior is getting closer to Biffle. Jeff, Tony, and Borris are moving up the field pretty good.

Originally posted by 97forever@Aug 10 2003, 12:10 PM
I missed the first two laps....did Greg touch Jeff? :blink:
Naw, he didn't touch him, he knocked the crap out of him. :lol:

I didnt turn it on until lap three....MRN reported Jeff was all alone when he crashed....I cant believe how well Jr is running here!

Boris was doing such a good job. Its a shame someone got into the back of him. It was a good save though.

Originally posted by 97forever+Aug 10 2003, 12:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (97forever @ Aug 10 2003, 12:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bowtie@Aug 10 2003, 01:50 PM
Jr races his way to the front,
Oh please!Where is Paul when you need him?? :( [/b][/quote]
No direction these days huh 97?

Its going to get interesting now. Jeff is right behind Biffle when they go back green.

Originally posted by bowtie+Aug 10 2003, 02:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bowtie @ Aug 10 2003, 02:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -97forever@Aug 10 2003, 12:52 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--bowtie
@Aug 10 2003, 01:50 PM
Jr races his way to the front,

Oh please!Where is Paul when you need him?? :(
No direction these days huh 97? [/b][/quote]
Your as bad as Budcat,you know that!Where is SHE anyway? :p She was here for a day or two...then gone again?

Back to the race...Jr.is surprising...and Tony just blew it with a bad pit!

Originally posted by Nascar24rainbow@Aug 10 2003, 10:58 AM
Boris was doing such a good job. Its a shame someone got into the back of him. It was a good save though.
Who was it that wrecked him :rolleyes:

why didn't jeff pull to the inside off the last corner is my question?....everyone carries speed comin off that corner and swings out, if he just woulda pulled inside he'd have had a decent finish and i would to on my big dawgs!!!....doh

He shouldve pitted before the final lap, but I'm assuming he ran dry and the fuel pressure went out after he passed pit road.

Originally posted by hooty3@Aug 10 2003, 12:24 PM
why didn't jeff pull to the inside off the last corner is my question?....everyone carries speed comin off that corner and swings out, if he just woulda pulled inside he'd have had a decent finish and i would to on my big dawgs!!!....doh
I would have to agree with you hooty, Jeff easily could have gone low and still had a top ten finish. Jeff seemed pretty upset in his post race interview when he was talking about the safety crews.
My question earlier was who wrecked the 01 :rolleyes:

Originally posted by gordon24fan+Aug 10 2003, 02:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gordon24fan @ Aug 10 2003, 02:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--hooty3@Aug 10 2003, 12:24 PM
I would have to agree with you hooty, Jeff easily could have gone low and still had a top ten finish. Jeff seemed pretty upset in his post race interview when he was talking about the safety crews.
My question earlier was who wrecked the 01 :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
The 31

Originally posted by gordon24fan@Aug 10 2003, 04:41 PM
No ;) :eek: :rolleyes:
There was a lot of wreckin going on today... so no need to single one incident out. I think a certain Jeff Gordon fan might be peeved cause Robby Gordon is the new road course king. :D :p

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Aug 10 2003, 02:56 PM
There was a lot of wreckin going on today... so no need to single one incident out.&nbsp; I think a certain Jeff Gordon fan might be peeved cause Robby Gordon is the new road course king.&nbsp; :D&nbsp; :p
KING?!....hmmmm

Formidable competetion definitly...I don't see 'king' just yet. He had some good strategies and luck today, but I think there were a lot of cars out there that raced better (imho) than Robbie. (cough-48-cough!)

:D

Originally posted by Splunge+Aug 10 2003, 04:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Splunge @ Aug 10 2003, 04:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RobbyG Fan@Aug 10 2003, 02:56 PM
There was a lot of wreckin going on today... so no need to single one incident out.  I think a certain Jeff Gordon fan might be peeved cause Robby Gordon is the new road course king.  :D  :p
KING?!....hmmmm

Formidable competetion definitly...I don't see 'king' just yet. He had some good strategies and luck today, but I think there were a lot of cars out there that raced better (imho) than Robbie. (cough-48-cough!)

:D [/b][/quote]
Oh, you are so right Splunge. To be a road course King, you need to have more road course wins that just two in a row. Jeff Gordon is the ONLY driver to win both road course races in the same year TWICE!!! Good road course driver, yes. King, no, at least not yet anyway. :rolleyes:

And yes, the 48 ran a heck of a race. Started in the back and finished 4th. WOOHOO!!! :D

I would have to agree with splunge and maj on this one, 2 wins doesn't make you king.

Back
Top Bottom