ward22's Hot & Cold - After Infineon

W

Ward Burton

Here are this weeks results after Sonoma…

Biggest Jump Up = +11 #19 Jeremy Mayfield

Biggest Fall Down = -8 #48 Jimmie Johnson

1. (3) #24 Jeff Gordon---AVG. 5
I knew that within sometime the #24 DuPont team would lead this! I became right after…you got it a road course.

2. (8) #20 Tony Stewart---AVG. 6.25
Within 2 weeks Tony has moved from 22nd up here to 2nd! He must have heard the season is half way over…

3. (1) #17 Matt Kenseth---AVG. 7
Matt lost the lead after a day at Sonoma…they will be happy to hear once again that there’s only 1 more of those!!!!!

4. (2) #18 Bobby Labonte---AVG. 7.75
B. Labonte just didn’t have the best of days at Sonoma…those wrecks didn’t help any.

5. (12) #8 Dale Earnhardt Jr. ---AVG. 8.25
Hey, believe it or not, Jr. actually moved UP in my Hot & Cold series after an 11th place finish at Sonoma!!!

6. (5) #2 Rusty Wallace---AVG. 10.5
Rusty actually hasn’t done too badly this year, but he really just needs a win!!

7. (11) #6 Mark Martin---AVG. 12
The 6 car had a bad one at Infineon after getting spun around in the race.

8. (6) #5 Terry Labonte---AVG. 13
Terry has tied with Ryan Newman, and Michael Waltrip this week…I really think that Terry might finish in the top 10 of points again this year.

8. (7) #12 Ryan Newman---AVG. 13
The Alltel car has really improved from the slump he had, I am pretty sure that Newman is out of that deal.

8. (4) #15 Michael Waltrip---AVG. 13
I still can’t believe how Michael is doing this year! He’s my pick for the Pepsi 400!

11. (15) #32 Ricky Craven---AVG. 13.5
Ricky is slowly moving back up the rankings!

12. (23) #19 Jeremy Mayfield---AVG. 14.75
This one really did surprise me, he is only 2 spots from being one of the top 10 hottest drivers right now!

13. (16) #31 Robby Gordon---AVG. 15
Robby sure did hold of Jeff Gordon, I figured that Jeff would make it around Robby, only to be then spun out!!

14. (9) #40 Sterling Marlin---AVG. 16.25
Sterling has fallen out of the top 10 here but is 10th in the actual Winston Cup Points.

15. (22) #9 Bill Elliott---AVG. 17.25
Elliott had a great day at Sonoma finishing 5th! He was the highest finishing Dodge in the field.

16. (18) #29 Kevin Harvick---AVG. 18.25
Harvick as well had a good day…and It was even better…he finished 3rd and moved up 2 spots this week in the Hot & Cold.

17. (10) #99 Jeff Burton---AVG. 19.25
Man did Jeff Burton have a bad day at Sonoma or what!?! He and Kyle Petty really had a tough one.

18. (20) #42 Jamie McMurray---AVG. 19.75
Jamie once again is the highest here of the rookies…In fact, he is the only rookie in the top 25!

19. (13) #97 Kurt Busch---AVG. 20
Kurt Busch seems to be moving further and further back, but, he is still in the top 20.

20. (25) #38 Elliott Sadler---AVG. 20.25
Sadler had a bad day at Sonoma as well…these road courses really mess with some of the drivers.

21. (13) #48 Jimmie Johnson---AVG. 20.75
This week’s worst, Jimmie Johnson lost 8 positions in the Hot & Cold.

21. (18) #54 Todd Bodine---AVG. 20.75
I figured that Todd might move up but nope, the National Guard team is showing signs of improvement.

23. (17) #10 Johnny Benson---AVG. 21.25
The Valvoline Pontiac took the lead for a moment but lost it very fast, he finished 30th.

24. (21) #22 Ward Burton---AVG. 22.75
I worried that Ward wouldn’t make it this week, and it was close but he made it!! It was a good call by Frank Stoddard to stay out.

25. (NR) #23 Kenny Wallace---AVG. 26.5
Kenny is part of BDR as well as Ward and they are at the bottom this week. If you look close you see that the Dodge camp hasn’t really helped them at all!

Drivers that didn't make these weeks Hot & Cold (In order by rating):
Casey Mears………….26.75
Ricky Rudd…………...28
Dave Blaney………….29
Greg Biffle……………29.5
Joe Nemechek………...29.5
Jack Sprague………….30.25
Tony Raines…………..31.25
Kyle Petty…………….32.75
J. Andretti/C. Fittipaldi.33
Jimmy Spencer………..33.25
Steve Park……………..33.75
Ken Schrader…………..36
Dale Jarrett…………….38.75

* Bolded names are favorites.

Okay now let's see if Smoke can't make it to #1 next week!

Originally posted by DeeDee@Jun 23 2003, 09:47 AM
As good as Tony is I don't think he can pass Jeff on an off weekend :p

Originally posted by gordon24fan+Jun 24 2003, 12:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gordon24fan @ Jun 24 2003, 12:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--DeeDee@Jun 23 2003, 09:47 AM
As good as Tony is I don't think he can pass Jeff on an off weekend :p [/b][/quote]
That's why she said next week and not this week. (June 23rd was Monday) ;)

Originally posted by DeeDee@Jun 23 2003, 11:47 AM
Just hope that Jeff finishes out of the top 10, and Stewart does at Daytona...If that happens, I think he might be able to take the lead for the first time ever.

I'm really pulling for Dale Jr. and Jeff Gordon to have good finishes at Daytona, Dale Jr. will unless Mr. Alternator has another problem but Jeff Gordon, "Wonderboy" hasn't done well in the previous 2 Pepsi 400s. Within the next 3 or 4 weeks I expect the points lead to change hands.

Believe it or not, I'm really pulling for Harvick on this one. I'd be fine with Jr, but I'd like to see that Goodwrench car go back to Victory Lane at Daytona. I love watching Harvick drive them race cars.. reminds me of someone else..

Kevin had a fourth this year during the Daytona 500 and a Second during the Aarons 499. I think it's time that RCR breaks the streak, if they cant or get caught up in a wreck then I'll pull for Dale Jr. Well, I always have been, but realistically I think it will be Dale Jr. that will run away with it.

Ward is a good pick too. As long as he can stay out of the big one, he might have a shot at the top 5, maybe a win but with DEI's dominance at Superspeedways... I doubt it. But he is one of my favorites here at Daytona too cuz he's been so strong the past few years at Daytona.

The past five years his finishes at the Pepsi 400 have been 9th, 7th, 7th, 7th, and 4th. Maybe he will get better this year.

Back
Top Bottom