Watching F1 practice

TexasRaceLady

Plank Owner
Contributor
Impressive track near Austin. Drivers are beginning to get a grip on the track now that some rubber is being laid down.

Time just dropped to 1.38.6 by Vettel

Edit --- he just posted a 1.38.1

I'm glad there is finally a proper F1 track in the US. I am thinking about attending in 2013. The fact that it's near Austin is a huge bonus.

I'm going next year.

The formula team at school bought a massive block of tickets- 30 I think. I know of at least 3 or 5 FSAE teams going, they all bought a big block of 100 and divied it up equally, coming from as far as Kansas.

I was expecting a lot more from SPEED since this is the only F1 race in the United States. Guess they're all Honey Badgers now since NBC's taking over next year.

I was expecting a lot more from SPEED since this is the only F1 race in the United States. Guess they're all Honey Badgers now since NBC's taking over next year.

WTF are you talking about? They've broadcast every practice and even had a special that documented the building of the track. I think they've done great considering the relatively low ratings F1 draws.

WTF are you talking about? They've broadcast every practice and even had a special that documented the building of the track. I think they've done great considering the relatively low ratings F1 draws.

That happens when all but three races are run overnight in our time zone.

Is SPEED's broadcast team even broadcasting from Austin or are they in their Charlotte studio? Because I really can't tell the difference between this race and any other average normal F1 broadcast.

Great track. lots of terrain elevation change

I noticed they really catered to the stands with as many elevation and track angles as possible. It looks like the fans in the stands can see the cars for a large portion of the track.

I noticed they really catered to the stands with as many elevation and track angles as possible. It looks like the fans in the stands can see the cars for a large portion of the track.
I also noticed that. The sight lines look good - new track, they probably put a lot of thought into that.

WHY are the F1 announcers broadcasting from a dark room in North Carolina when the race is in Texas? Idiots.

Like I said yesterday, SPEED just don't care about F1. Their coverage has always been mediocre and they've never cared.

The move to NBC is good for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom