Watkins Glen - Predictions

48rookies12

If you were to pick four drivers for this weekend at the Glen, who would they be based on these qualifications. Pick one driver from the top five, one from 6-10, one from 11-15, and then one from 16-bottom. Give your picks, and reasons why......

Group 1 - Jimmie Johnson - Ran well at Sears Point in first road race until rear end failure ended his day. Back to top ten this weekend, one of the most consistent drivers so far this year. Knocking on Marlin's door.......

Group 2 - Ricky Rudd - Pretty good road racer, has had up and down finishes at the Glen, I think this one will be up.

Group 3 - Ryan Newman - Finished ninth at Sears Point, is very hot the last five-six races. Finally starting to put together a good string of finishes, should keep it up here.

Group 4 - Robby Gordon - Three straight top tens, teams is starting to put it all together. Gordon is a great road racer as evident by his two 4th place runs at Watkins Glen.

What do you guys think.............

I'm with ya except group one. Jimmie Johnson over Mark Martin on a road course? May I suggest you read a little history dating before 2001. Mark owned that place before JeffyPoo had his run. Mark will get a top 5 this week if he can avoid all the cars spinning in front of him.

I know that Martin is great at the Glen, but I just think that Johnson has a great chance to pull off a win this week. Martin is no question a favorite, I guess I am a little biased because I would love to see Johnson win.

With an average finish of 6.8 since '97, Martin is tough to beat. I just Johnson will continue to impress this weekend.

Doesn't anyone else have any thoughts about this weekend??????:( :( :( :(

1-5 Jeff Gordon
6-10 Tony Stewart
11-15 Jeff Burton
16-43 Robby Gordon

Let's not forget the blue duece...seems to be getting better at figuring out the tires

Back
Top Bottom