Weather check-in

Really big, fluffy snowflakes adding to the 4"-6" or so we already have on the ground. It's very pretty to look at. If I didn't have to go run a few places today, it would be even more beautiful.

26 when I got up. 42 right now. Rain is coming with the possibility of snow mixed in.

Got my errands done, so I don't have to leave the house until it's over.

Yeah they calling for snow but I bet we just get rain.But I'll be prepared next time I have 2 sleds being sent down from Pittsburgh for the next accumulation.

Yeah they calling for snow but I bet we just get rain.But I'll be prepared next time I have 2 sleds being sent down from Pittsburgh for the next accumulation.

Love sleds what kind do you have haven't been trail riding in awhile....miss it a lot!
13 here with 25-30mph winds you do the wind chill.....all I know it is cold as hell!

Mopar and I agree! It's colder than,,,,well you know. the wind is killer.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
217 PM EST WED DEC 30 2009

MDZ013-014-016>018-310330-
/O.CON.KLWX.WW.Y.0031.091231T0900Z-091231T1800Z/
PRINCE GEORGES-ANNE ARUNDEL-CHARLES-ST. MARYS-CALVERT-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ANNAPOLIS...WALDORF...ST MARYS CITY
217 PM EST WED DEC 30 2009

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 1 PM
EST THURSDAY...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 1 PM EST
THURSDAY.

* PRECIP TYPE...SNOW...SLEET...AND FREEZING RAIN.

* ACCUMULATIONS...UP TO AN INCH OF SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION.
UP TO A FEW HUNDREDTHS OF AN INCH OF ICE ACCUMULATION FROM
FREEZING RAIN. THE HIGHER SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE
CLOSER TO THE INTERSTATE 95 CORRIDOR.

* TIMING...PRECIPITATION WILL BEGIN AROUND 4 AM THURSDAY MORNING.

* TEMPERATURES...MINIMUM TEMPERATURES WILL BE IN THE UPPER 20S
TO LOWER 30S EARLY THURSDAY MORNING. TEMPERATURES WILL SLOWLY
RISE ABOVE FREEZING LATER THURSDAY MORNING INTO EARLY THURSDAY
AFTERNOON.

* WINDS...LIGHT AND VARIABLE.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET...OR
FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR
SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE
DRIVING.

I just went out to run some errands. Big fat flakes coming down, about a inch or two of snow so far. Temp right about freezing.

In a 1/4 of a mile I watched 3 people get hit. Roads haven't been treated and slippery as snot.

Not good for the festivities tonight, glad we're all staying home.
New Years Eve aka Amateur drinkers night.:eek:

3 when i got up, 5 now and headed towards a cloudy and cold 20. only a few inches of snow on the ground though. too cold to snow.

30 degrees right now, 40% chance of rain and or snow later today. Bit of wind and raw feeling outside.

My son and his friend Matt are heading to Fenway for the Hockey classic. I'll sit by the fire place and watch it on TV.:beerbang:

30 degrees right now, 40% chance of rain and or snow later today. Bit of wind and raw feeling outside.

My son and his friend Matt are heading to Fenway for the Hockey classic. I'll sit by the fire place and watch it on TV.:beerbang:

I'll be here watching it with you. Not sure if I could handle the cold and snow....and probably not-so-great seats.

I'll be watching as well. I love the Winter Classic. :)

Matt won the tickets, right behind the Bruins box. I can think of better ways to get pneumonia. :D

Hopefully it stays like this tomorrow.So I can take down the Christmas lights while it's warm.:D

Hopefully it stays like this tomorrow.So I can take down the Christmas lights while it's warm.:D

I decided to take the lights down today. 45º or so today, while it only supposed to be about 35º and windy tomorrow.

At least the sun is shining...

32º with winds gusting to 38 mph. Wind chill's around 19º. Forget about working outside today.

15-25mph winds snowing, only supposed to get 3-6 inches , but already have 8 inches on the ground, hmmm wonder if they will change the forecast?? lol

We are at an even 0 right now

TODAY:
Mostly sunny, breezy, and bitter cold.
High: 7Wind: N 10-20 MPH; Wind Chills: -5 to -20

TONIGHT:
Mostly clear, breezy, and bitter cold again.
Low: -6
Wind: N 10-20 MPH; Wind Chills: -15 to -25 by morning

It's so cold it hurts. Forecast calls for HIGHS in the low to mid 30s all week. Lows in the teens.

There aren't any words to describe how much I hate Winter!:mad:

It's just freaking cold and it's not supposed to warm up until like February if ever. :mad:

I know, I'm starting to sound like Andy with my negativity. I don't really care. Getting old is not for wimps.

:(

7day.jpg

Just for Andy:

Watching the Orange Bowl from Miami. Checked the weather, weather.com says it's 58º. I spotted a lot of ear muffs, big jackets and stocking caps.

Back
Top Bottom