WEC 2016

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
ChkLEztXEAA4SNW.jpg:large

I need to watch some more WEC.

The six hours of Mexico was insane, the weather conditions changing was insane. I have never seen so many mistakes made by endurance racers before until today.

I really can't stand the configuration of this track. There is no rhythm to it. Turn 1 is the most interesting turn and the "carousel turn" right before the front stretch at least has some character to it. The rest of the track is just willy-nilly. A couple of "s" turns here leading into another set of "s" turns? who thought of this crap? And the sets of "s" turns don't even have the same radius to them so you have to go fast through the first set, then significantly slow for the first turn of the second set, and then fast for the second turn of the second set. It is so stupid. If you look at the great race tracks around the world, there is usually only one set of "s" turns on the track. The rest of the turns are more natural due to the landscape, i.e. Spa, LeMans, Watkins Glen.

The sad thing is, they had a completely blank canvass to build whatever they wanted and ended up with this garbage. This track will be reconfigured or bankrupt within a decade.

I really can't stand the configuration of this track. There is no rhythm to it. Turn 1 is the most interesting turn and the "carousel turn" right before the front stretch at least has some character to it. The rest of the track is just willy-nilly. A couple of "s" turns here leading into another set of "s" turns? who thought of this crap? And the sets of "s" turns don't even have the same radius to them so you have to go fast through the first set, then significantly slow for the first turn of the second set, and then fast for the second turn of the second set. It is so stupid. If you look at the great race tracks around the world, there is usually only one set of "s" turns on the track. The rest of the turns are more natural due to the landscape, i.e. Spa, LeMans, Watkins Glen.

The sad thing is, they had a completely blank canvass to build whatever they wanted and ended up with this garbage. This track will be reconfigured or bankrupt within a decade.
+1 I think it's one of the most overrated circuits in the world. I'll be shocked if F1 is still there in a five years. You know it's a real dud when Supercars can't even put on a good show there (and now they probably won't return to the States for years after that disaster). The only thing I would've liked to go there for was this WEC/IMSA doubleheader weekend but they won't even do that next year.

I really hope the FIA can find a better circuit for the WEC and F1 to race at in the States but the circuit grades will make that hard to do so we'll probably just go back to not hosting anything soon enough.

6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas will be shown in its entirety live on FS2 tonight from 6 PM Eastern-Midnight.

This season's final race, the 6 hours of Bahrain, started about an hour ago.
It will be the final race of Mark Webber's career, as he retires from racing and will work as an ambassador for Porsche next year.

edit: Sorry, I was wrong. Only one and half an hour are still to go. It was the Eurosport coverage that started about an hour ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom