Week #4 upsets in CF

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
This week, four of the top ten teams lost. #'s 4, 5, 6, and 9 all took it in the shorts, once again proving that ranking the teams so early in the season is nothing but a crap shoot. Once the teams begin to play in earnest their conference foes, then we can begin to see who the better teams are. In the past, there has usually been some team that comes from nowhere to look like a world beater, only to fall to the dregs once the season is half over. Right now there are millions of CF fans who are predicting that the BCS will be won between UF and UT, but if any of those people care to bet me on that, I'm willing to take them up. Before last week, there were plenty of people who included USC in that matchup and before that, lots included OU. And of course there were people who included Penn State, and Notre Dame. Where is all the talk about Bama? Oh yeah, the experts don't believe they can beat UF so that's just not in the line of thought. There are plenty of games left and more upsets to come. And every week a top five team has lost. Who will be next?

This week, four of the top ten teams lost. #'s 4, 5, 6, and 9 all took it in the shorts, once again proving that ranking the teams so early in the season is nothing but a crap shoot. Once the teams begin to play in earnest their conference foes, then we can begin to see who the better teams are. In the past, there has usually been some team that comes from nowhere to look like a world beater, only to fall to the dregs once the season is half over. Right now there are millions of CF fans who are predicting that the BCS will be won between UF and UT, but if any of those people care to bet me on that, I'm willing to take them up. Before last week, there were plenty of people who included USC in that matchup and before that, lots included OU. And of course there were people who included Penn State, and Notre Dame. Where is all the talk about Bama? Oh yeah, the experts don't believe they can beat UF so that's just not in the line of thought. There are plenty of games left and more upsets to come. And every week a top five team has lost. Who will be next?

You hit it right on the head as usual Buckaroo.

If you would have told somebody a few weeks ago that USC, BYU, Ok State, Penn State, Mississippi, Cal and a few others would all lose in the next few weeks they would have asked you what you were smoking. Florida and Texas look pretty invinceable right now. Alabama looks great too. But, you never know when a conference foe, who is really familiar with what these teams do best, will come up to shock them.

I have to say though, that the only one of these upsets that really shocked me this weekend was how bad Cal got just whooped 42-3 by Oregon. I also expected Va Tech to beat Miami, but I expected a much closer game than 31-7. Of course, I also expected my beloved Seminoles to win, but as I stated earlier, nothing they do surprises me any more.

How hurt is Tebow? Will he miss any games? That could determine UF's fate.

I may be biased, but BAMA looks better than Florida right now. The Gators still have Tebow( we think), but have no other offensive weapons. You are right when you say anyone could step up and beat you on any given Saturday. I will just let this out so y'all can marinate on it. The SEC has once again shown the rest of the country it's dominance over college football.

Again, those top teams have yet to play any team that is "good". Its crazy to say that any of these teams are the best.

Now let's go see how the pros have done....

Again, those top teams have yet to play any team that is "good". Its crazy to say that any of these teams are the best.

Now let's go see how the pros have done....

Number 3 Alabama has beaten a "good" team, at the time a top 10 team and the best the ACC has to offer, Virginia Tech. Now after destroying a top ten wannabee Miami, we will see where the Hokies end up.

Back
Top Bottom