Weight loss - I'm down a pant size

lisa

Kurt Busch fan
I'm trying really hard.
smile.gif

Drinking 5 cups of water every day, I can't quite give up pop, but I am down to 1 can of pop a day. Snacking on vegetables and light dip, eating turkey in recipes, red meat once a week. Drinking 1% milk, I'm supposed to be drinking skim but it's gross. I had no candy at Halloween but had seconds at Thanksgiving.

I took an 8 week weight loss class, in October, sponsored by the local hospital. It helped me soooooooo much. They gave me so many tools to use.

I just keep truckin a long. If I have a bad day, I just jump back on the wagon.

Great Work Lisa! Keep it up!

I'm not on the whole weight loss plan, but I did give up pop a few months ago. I basicaly only drink water every day and some beer here and there. It's tough to only drink water so I've been looking for other things to try but everything has a ton of sugar or caffeine in it. Minizing the amount of sugar you take in, including carbs, makes a huge difference. These days, even things marked sugar free have tons of sugar alternatives in them which are actually worse for you. Anyway, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

Great Work Lisa! Keep it up!

I'm not on the whole weight loss plan, but I did give up pop a few months ago. I basicaly only drink water every day and some beer here and there. It's tough to only drink water so I've been looking for other things to try but everything has a ton of sugar or caffeine in it. Minizing the amount of sugar you take in, including carbs, makes a huge difference. These days, even things marked sugar free have tons of sugar alternatives in them which are actually worse for you. Anyway, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

Thank you so much. You're so kind. :)

Way to go, Lisa! Please don't give up - keep plugging at it and you'll achieve your goal.
My better half is about your age and she has lost just over 50 pounds this year, on a weight management program through her doctor's office. Her diet is pretty much like yours, except they also have her drink these protein shakes they sell. Her health is improving - she no longer has to take shots for diabetes.

It sounds cliché, but it's true that you'll feel much better after shedding those extra pounds. Try to be careful at the concession stands at the race track!

My wife drinks a lot of water. She saw somewhere for every pound you weigh you're supposed to drink an ounce of water daily. Well she doesn't agree with that and doesn't drink that much.
I don't drink a lot of water, you do know what fish do it don't you?

Way to go, Lisa! Please don't give up - keep plugging at it and you'll achieve your goal.
My better half is about your age and she has lost just over 50 pounds this year, on a weight management program through her doctor's office. Her diet is pretty much like yours, except they also have her drink these protein shakes they sell. Her health is improving - she no longer has to take shots for diabetes.

It sounds cliché, but it's true that you'll feel much better after shedding those extra pounds. Try to be careful at the concession stands at the race track!

It's funny you should post this today.

I just got home from the hospital. I am going on (if my insurance oks it) a weight management program. I will have 2 meal replacements a day, along with a normal meal. I get weighed every week along with a weight loss class, which lasts 1/2 hour.

I will be monitored closely by a dietitian and a clinical psychologist.

I have to call my insurance to see if I'm covered.

My wife drinks a lot of water. She saw somewhere for every pound you weigh you're supposed to drink an ounce of water daily. Well she doesn't agree with that and doesn't drink that much.
I don't drink a lot of water, you do know what fish do it don't you?

I know salmon and tuna is really good for you.

I'm drinking 40 oz of water every day.

Great job Lisa. I got a little experience myself on trying to lose a little weight. I tried the Atkins plan but that made me so tired I didn't feel like doing anything. But last New Years I started having back pain which my doctor said it was sciatica. It was a very excruciating pain, and I felt it may have been in part to the 20 pounds I had gained in the past couple of years. I decided that I needed to do something because I didn't want to live out the rest of my life with back pain. So I had been watching my mother in law who had lost 50 pounds in about 2 years time. She said she done it not by starving herself but by cutting back in ways that she wouldn't go hungry. She would do little simple things like take the top off her hamburger or biscuit when she went to a fast food restaurant and discard it. She said that when someone would have a cake or pie that they wanted her to try, she would take just a small piece of it so that rather than refusing to eat any she would have the self satisfaction of knowing that she at least tried it. So I thought if it worked for her I would try something similar. I decided to cut out most of the bread and sugar from my diet. I ate a lot of wraps, sugar free pudding, walnuts, cottage cheese, and at least once a day I would eat a small amount of something (such as ice cream) that had sugar to keep me from being so tired. It's worked pretty good for me so far. As of today I am down 40 pounds and have a lot more energy than I have had in quite some time. I still have some numbness in my foot from the sciatica, but all the back pain is gone. But one thing I have found out is that if one plan doesn't work, try looking for one that works well for you. Don't try starving yourself because everyone I know that tries that only stays on it for a little while and usually gains all their weight back plus more. Keep up the good work, and I hope you reach your goals.

Great job Lisa. I got a little experience myself on trying to lose a little weight. I tried the Atkins plan but that made me so tired I didn't feel like doing anything. But last New Years I started having back pain which my doctor said it was sciatica. It was a very excruciating pain, and I felt it may have been in part to the 20 pounds I had gained in the past couple of years. I decided that I needed to do something because I didn't want to live out the rest of my life with back pain. So I had been watching my mother in law who had lost 50 pounds in about 2 years time. She said she done it not by starving herself but by cutting back in ways that she wouldn't go hungry. She would do little simple things like take the top off her hamburger or biscuit when she went to a fast food restaurant and discard it. She said that when someone would have a cake or pie that they wanted her to try, she would take just a small piece of it so that rather than refusing to eat any she would have the self satisfaction of knowing that she at least tried it. So I thought if it worked for her I would try something similar. I decided to cut out most of the bread and sugar from my diet. I ate a lot of wraps, sugar free pudding, walnuts, cottage cheese, and at least once a day I would eat a small amount of something (such as ice cream) that had sugar to keep me from being so tired. It's worked pretty good for me so far. As of today I am down 40 pounds and have a lot more energy than I have had in quite some time. I still have some numbness in my foot from the sciatica, but all the back pain is gone. But one thing I have found out is that if one plan doesn't work, try looking for one that works well for you. Don't try starving yourself because everyone I know that tries that only stays on it for a little while and usually gains all their weight back plus more. Keep up the good work, and I hope you reach your goals.

This actually reminded me of something. I take a daily vitamin pill that has lots of vitamin B in it. (I'm not a doctor so go see one if you have questions) but vitamin B provides energy. If you decide to take those "one a day" type pills, be sure to take them with food, otherwise it gives you an upset stomach for a few hours. On the flip side, if I don't take my one a day pill, I'm usually pretty tired in the afternoon unless i'm up and moving around.

Back
Top Bottom