What’s Going On At Richard Petty Motorsports?

What are the chances RCR scoops up the charter if RPM goes belly up?

Charter can be sold and in some cases revert back to Nascar. Some owners rotate so the charter isn't last place 3 yrs in a row. This is my understanding.

Rumor, RPM is moving to Woods Bros to run the used cars of Menard. The thought is
Paul is only using up 1/2 the car so they want Bubba to finish them off.

I wouldn't mind seeing Reddick in an 43 RCR/RPM alliance or merger.

I get the feeling they'll find the funding for 2020 with Wallace. They've managed to run 45 races and 1 1/4 seasons without Smithfield. They're not nearly the team they were with Almirola, but they're still competitive to be on the same level as JTG & FRM in the top 25 or so.

Last edited:
Wallace is their best sponsorship attraction. I assume that is their strategy. Unless their playing hardball for a deal that would guarantee it has to retain both Wallace and RPM. Thats the risk, Wallace could get a sponsor thats better than RPM and exit just like Smithfield did.

I think it is a tough sale. Petty will want to ensure a long term, and the big dollars will be more inclined to build around Wallace.

Wallace is their best sponsorship attraction. I assume that is their strategy. Unless their playing hardball for a deal that would guarantee it has to retain both Wallace and RPM. Thats the risk, Wallace could get a sponsor thats better than RPM and exit just like Smithfield did.

I think it is a tough sale. Petty will want to ensure a long term, and the big dollars will be more inclined to build around Wallace.
BUT this isn't Petty's team, he is there as a spokes person and doesn't control what goes on in the office. IMO

Back
Top Bottom