What a great Brands Hatch Race!

S

SALEEN_S7R

I normally watch the CWS anyway, but this year I have been following the series even more closely. Ive got to say though that the London GP was a great race, ok so it wasnt as good as other races Ive seen in the past, but to see the race in Britan, and not on a roval was fantastic! Just a shame I coudnt get there to see the race. :(

WHere dod ypu see it? It won't be on TV untill Saturday here, up against Indy Pole day!

Well over here in Europe, Eurosport show coverage of all the CWS races, up until now its all been delayed coverage (albeit only by 3 hrs or so) but from now onwards I think it will all be LIVE coverage for the rest of the season. I could be wrong but I really hope Im not. I know Bourdais from F3000, and he is a really classy racer. Hes not just done great things in F3000 though, he also finsihed 4th overall at Le Mans in 2000, behind the all conquering Audi R8's, he was 20 years old then I belive, ok he had great team-mates but even so, its something to write home about, not every day u finish 4th in the worlds greatest endurance race.

BTW I thought SPEED would have shown LIVE coverage of the CWS, seeing as its mainly USA based, I know theres races over here in Europe and Australia, but the vast majority are in the USA. Bizzare.

Our CBS station had the race this weekend. They sorta showed Qualifying , in between some history of Brands Hatch. Then they said the race would be shown on TV on Saturday!!! Makes no sence, but thats CART for ya. I will just stick with my IRL

Well we didnt get any coverage of qualifying, but hey the race coverage is what matters. As for preffering the IRL, well personally I dont, but thats just because I dont like rovals. Still u like what u have been brought up with, and so do I, just been brought up on differnt things I guess. Europeans still dont like Ovals much Im afraid. Okay CART races on a couple which I can handle, but they race on road tracks too, which is what we are used to.

Still as I say, each to their own eh.

Hey Saleen, just wanted to let you know that there are some real race fans here that are born and bred in the U.S. that would rather watch tennis than the irl (more action) although the irl has had some spectacular wrecks lately........ :wacko:

Dont tell me ur a Nascar fan right? :p Nah but to be honest the only US based racing I like is CART, ALMS (american le mans series) and Grand Am.

I like Nascar. I have nothing bad to say about it. I think the drivers are some of the best in racing. Especially when they are trading paint at 195mph. But, my heart is with CART.......and I hate the irl crapwagon series.

I dont mind Nascar its ok to watch if nothing else is on for 20 minutes. But if u want speed watch some racing of F1 at Hockenheim from 2001, the cars were topping 232mph. And they werent setup for maximum speed. If they were, and ran on a oval they would break all the track records. Particulary now that the new Ferrari is kicking out 930+bhp in qualifying, although 925bhp in race trim.

925 horsepower?! That's incredible! I like F1 but it is usually on the speedchannel very early on Sunday so I miss most of the races.

Well the race starts at 1pm CET. I think u guys are 5 or 6 hrs behind Britain. And we are 1hr behind the rest of Europe. So I think it should start about 8am in USA (depending on where u live) so if ur awake watch it in bed? No excuses! p.s I posted the final qualifying results on the F1 board today. Not a hugley mixed grid, but its not a all Ferrari front row, and they are very close to MS..

Back
Top Bottom