What a lousy break for Tony Stewart

• Thread starter 4xchampncountin
  • Start date

4xchampncountin

I'm not a huge fan of his by any means, but Tony Stewart had what I thought was by far the best car at Dover. He was penalized a lap for having his right-front tire on the edge line of his pit box. On one hand, the rule is pretty clear and they were all made aware of it. On the other hand, it is a stupid rule that cost him a win. I can see some sort of penalty to try to cut down on pit-road incidents, but that penalty seemed pretty extreme. I was actually impressed with the maturity he showed in making a comeback from that.

Your right. Lady luck hasn't been real good to Tony this year so far. I belive Tony had the car to beat and could have won the race. But that was COULD HAVE. :D

Tony did a great job coming back. Also a :cheers: goes out to Johnny Benson and Terry Labonte on doing great jobs today.

Honest opinions here.... Can Tony Stewart still come back to win the Championship?

Originally posted by bud_stud@Jun 2 2003, 02:41 AM
Honest opinions here.... Can Tony Stewart still come back to win the Championship?
There is a lot of racing left. Can he win the championship I would have to say no. Can he get back up in the top 10 I would say yes. But his luck has to change.

No, I don't think Tony can come back to win the Championship, but could get as high as top 5.

Unless his luck changes miraculasly, and everyone elses changes to extremely bad.

Back
Top Bottom