What are you listening to now?

S

Snagglepulse

What songs are you currently listening to?

Right now, I'm listening to "Spectrum" by Metal Master

I thought we had one of these threads here. I'm always looking for new (different) music to listen to. Post away, please.
To answer the original question, Billy Joel's Vienna.

Go ahead and flame me...

On my playlist right now:
Hinder - Born to be Wild
Toby Lightman - NASCAR Love
Metallica - Fuel

:cool:

Tomorrow's playlist will be different.

Hmmm, nice, doing a play list instead of naming the songs as they come. Well, here's a part of my last play list that I listened to. These songs are not new so many of your probably won't know them. In fact, I'd venture to say that other than the name of the songs, most will not know the artists.

Peter Gunn - Deodato
Also Sprach Zarathustra - Deodato
Hatari - Dave Grusin
Frankenstein - Edgar Winters
Memphis - Johnny Rivers
Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - Santa Esmeralda
The Boys of Summer - Don Henley
Midnight at the Oasis - Hubert Laws
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida - Iron Butterfly
I am a Man of Constant Sorrow - Soggy Bottom Boys
Openers/Open Fire - Ronnie Montrose
and one more...
Smooth Operatro (Extended smooth jazz version) - Sade

This just an example of a 45 song play list that I last listened to.

Nickel Creek - When in Rome
ESPN - Speedworld (1997) theme
Josh Gracin - Nothing to Lose
Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
Smash Mouth - All Star
Van Zandt - Help Somebody
Kansas - Dust in the Wind

There's a lot more but I'm not typing it all.

ESPN - Speedworld (1997) theme

I can imagine you sitting there transfixed in front of 8 TVs, all tuned to a different channel of ESPN. Face it you're nothing but a shill for Bristol Connecticut. You're the only person I know that has ESPN the Ocho... ;)

"Deacon Blues" Steely Dan

Live - Forever May Not Be Long Enough
Trapt - Headstrong
Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise
Aerosmith - Walk This Way
The Eagles - Take it Easy
NBC NASCAR Chase for the Cup theme music
Randy Newman - Louisiana 1927
Blues Travelers - Run Around
Shaggy - Wasn't Me
Papa Roach - Forever
Little Big Town - Boondocks

Now THAT'S variety.

I can imagine you sitting there transfixed in front of 8 TVs, all tuned to a different channel of ESPN. Face it you're nothing but a shill for Bristol Connecticut. You're the only person I know that has ESPN the Ocho... ;)

8 TVs? Where do I have 8 TVs at?

Everybody loves the old ESPN SpeedWorld theme song. :cool:

Oh, and right now I'm listening to Steve Post and Chocolate Myers...Sirius 128...at work...all day...

Listening to Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen singing Hot Rod Lincoln and Lost In The Ozone.

Johnny Cash - Rusty Cage
Marc Broussard - Home
Finger 11 - Paralyzer

I'm in kind of a mellow mood today (cold, rainy day here) so right now I am listening to this CD on Rhapsody

Travis Tritt - It's All About To Change

Probably going to go with John Mayer or Everclear next depending on my mood.

Brand new start-Alter Bridge(Creed with a new singer)
Metalingus-Alter Bridge
Happy-Mudvayne
Before I forget-Slipknot
Chaprt Four-Avenged Sevenfold
Save us-Mushroomhead

Although next time I might have Montgomery Gentry,Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean, or something like that.. it all depends on my mood.. like the name says.. ITS ALL GOOD!!!:D

New Metallica, pretty awsome kind of dark but probably the best stuff they have come out with in years. Yeh i know it isn't released yet but i found it on Ares.
I like Alter Bridge also, the new lead singer has a great voice.
Listen to a lot of Techno when i work out, gets me into the focus mode.
Also in my MP3: Disturbed,Tool,Fear Factory, All That Remains, and Trivium to name a few. Also love Sevendust saw them in Colorado, great live!

Dierks Bentley - Come a Little Closer
ELVIS - Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
Carrie Underwood - Alone (American Idol LIVE 2005)
Neal McCoy - Billy's Got his Beer Goggles On
Dr. Dre and TuPac - California Love
Kelly Clarkson - Behind these Hazel Eyes
Aerosmith - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
Brooks & Dunn - Play Something Country
Sting - Every Breath You Take
Kimberly Caldwell (MSNBC contributor, former AI contestant) - Killing Me Softly

And those voices should be telling you to send me money... :growl:

ME FIRST! :mad:

I need the money, now that my MANDATORY insurance has been jacked up 75% because MD says it's okay.

It's the new "TEEN DRIVERS ARE DANGEROUS" campaign Maryland's launched. :mad:

It's amazing how the left responds to tragedies. They respond with generalizations and discrimination. Yet it's the right wing we should be afraid of. There's the liberal codespeak for tolerance for 'ya. :rolleyes:

SAY NO TO DEMOCRATS in '08. :mad::mad::mad:

ME FIRST! :mad:

I need the money, now that my MANDATORY insurance has been jacked up 75% because MD says it's okay.

It's the new "TEEN DRIVERS ARE DANGEROUS" campaign Maryland's launched. :mad:

It's amazing how the left responds to tragedies. They respond with generalizations and discrimination. Yet it's the right wing we should be afraid of. There's the liberal codespeak for tolerance for 'ya. :rolleyes:

SAY NO TO DEMOCRATS in '08. :mad::mad::mad:

Question for you...how old are you?

Its a proven fact that inexperienced drivers, ie., teenage drivers, do in fact have a lot of wrecks.

hmmm should the insurance company charge a teenager, who has very little to no experience driving as they would someone that has a clean driving record and has been driving for 20-30 years?

Thats a huge gamble that the insurance company would be taking and I bet would loose that gamble 9 times out of 10.

What do you suggest, a blanket fee so that everyone gets charged the same exact rate? That wont work, insurance companies would be going bankrupt at a record pace.

FYI....ive got Jimmy Buffett playing in the background, getting ready for the show later this month...cant wait!

Question for you...how old are you?

Its a proven fact that inexperienced drivers, ie., teenage drivers, do in fact have a lot of wrecks.

hmmm should the insurance company charge a teenager, who has very little to no experience driving as they would someone that has a clean driving record and has been driving for 20-30 years?

Thats a huge gamble that the insurance company would be taking and I bet would loose that gamble 9 times out of 10.

What do you suggest, a blanket fee so that everyone gets charged the same exact rate? That wont work, insurance companies would be going bankrupt at a record pace.

FYI....ive got Jimmy Buffett playing in the background, getting ready for the show later this month...cant wait!
It's not about the insurance companies. My rates went up, not because of my age or driving records, but because there were several accidents in Charles County not of my doing. I wasn't out driving while intoxicated at 3:30 in the morning and driving my car into poles and stuff.

I understand all the facts and all that hooplah, but it's not about the insurance company. The State, which makes insurance mandatory in the first place, is doing everything they can to get teenage drivers off the road. The fact is there are factors leading up to these accidents - speed, drugs, alcohol, all of the above. It's not just age and inexperience.

I don't go out driving while intoxicated, and I rarely speed. First thing Maryland needs to remember is that in Charles County, where all the accidents are happening, the speed limits are 20-30mph slower than the rest of the state.

I can't tell you how many times I've nearly had an accident driving 40mph in a 40 and nearly run up on some old retired person driving 25mph. That's an everyday occurrence in La Plata, but the city doesn't want to address that because 60% of it's population is 65 or above. It's not just the accidents that make driving a living hell around here. I have a general rule of thumb when driving to the races - AVOID LA PLATA AT ALL COSTS.

Now, the State says it's alright for the Insurance companies to raise my rates because someone else had an accident. Mind you, my one accident that wasn't caused by speed, has already been paid off. I have a clean driving record, and rarely get pulled over for actually speeding. Usually, I get pulled over because, you guessed it, my age.

Maryland's trying it's hardest, not to address the problems causing the rash of accidents in Charles County, but to get teen drivers off the road.

Why don't they try, uh, eliminating the cell phones? Younger, inexperienced drivers, are not experienced enough to know how to handle a situation when some soccer mom yappin' on her cell phone comes cutting them off driving up 4 lanes of road because their phone call is too damn important.

Why don't they try upping the speed limits.? Hardly anybody's going to drive 40 mph on a three lane highway in the first place. The only reason the speed limits are that low is because they need to generate revenue because they know nobody drives 40 on 301 anyway - 40mph is ridiculous for the main road.

Oh Oh Oh, why don't they try opening Rosewick. The fewer cars there are on 301, the less congestion, the more space, fewer accidents. That road's been finished now for 6 months - what are they waiting on?

Here's an even better idea - change the driving requirements. Right now, they have mandatory PRIVATIZED Driving School. That PRIVATIZED driving school costs $400 so you can drive a car for a total of 6 hours. Put it back in the Public Schools so younger drivers can get a better education.

It's not about the insurance companies. My rates went up, not because of my age or driving records, but because there were several accidents in Charles County not of my doing. I wasn't out driving while intoxicated at 3:30 in the morning and driving my car into poles and stuff.

I understand all the facts and all that hooplah, but it's not about the insurance company. The State, which makes insurance mandatory in the first place, is doing everything they can to get teenage drivers off the road. The fact is there are factors leading up to these accidents - speed, drugs, alcohol, all of the above. It's not just age and inexperience.

I don't go out driving while intoxicated, and I rarely speed. First thing Maryland needs to remember is that in Charles County, where all the accidents are happening, the speed limits are 20-30mph slower than the rest of the state.

I can't tell you how many times I've nearly had an accident driving 40mph in a 40 and nearly run up on some old retired person driving 25mph. That's an everyday occurrence in La Plata, but the city doesn't want to address that because 60% of it's population is 65 or above. It's not just the accidents that make driving a living hell around here. I have a general rule of thumb when driving to the races - AVOID LA PLATA AT ALL COSTS.

Now, the State says it's alright for the Insurance companies to raise my rates because someone else had an accident. Mind you, my one accident that wasn't caused by speed, has already been paid off. I have a clean driving record, and rarely get pulled over for actually speeding. Usually, I get pulled over because, you guessed it, my age.

Maryland's trying it's hardest, not to address the problems causing the rash of accidents in Charles County, but to get teen drivers off the road.

Why don't they try, uh, eliminating the cell phones? Younger, inexperienced drivers, are not experienced enough to know how to handle a situation when some soccer mom yappin' on her cell phone comes cutting them off driving up 4 lanes of road because their phone call is too damn important.

Why don't they try upping the speed limits.? Hardly anybody's going to drive 40 mph on a three lane highway in the first place. The only reason the speed limits are that low is because they need to generate revenue because they know nobody drives 40 on 301 anyway - 40mph is ridiculous for the main road.

Oh Oh Oh, why don't they try opening Rosewick. The fewer cars there are on 301, the less congestion, the more space, fewer accidents. That road's been finished now for 6 months - what are they waiting on?

Here's an even better idea - change the driving requirements. Right now, they have mandatory PRIVATIZED Driving School. That PRIVATIZED driving school costs $400 so you can drive a car for a total of 6 hours. Put it back in the Public Schools so younger drivers can get a better education.

I have major issues with cell phone usage and driving, I swear cell phones are just as dangerous as drinking and driving and should be outlawed while driving.

I have major issues with cell phone usage and driving, I swear cell phones are just as dangerous as drinking and driving and should be outlawed while driving.

So do I. But, cell phones are only dangerous if you're under 25. You know why, the State says so. :rolleyes:

I have to make quick reaction moves EVERY DAY because of 40+ year-old women yappin' on their cell phone paying no attention to the road. Byt, they're not dangerous drivers. :rolleyes:

So do I. But, cell phones are only dangerous if you're under 25. You know why, the State says so. :rolleyes:

I have to make quick reaction moves EVERY DAY because of 40+ year-old women yappin' on their cell phone paying no attention to the road. Byt, they're not dangerous drivers. :rolleyes:

:bigfight:
Andy I guess you don't like us OLD women huh?

Andy is smart, he uses one of those hands free phones...
Hands_Free_Cell_Phone_Adapter.jpg

Insurance is mandatory because it needs to be. I am old enough to remember when it wasn't mandatory and it was a worse situation. Poor people would simply drive like maniacs and not worry about the consequences. They would often total other people's valuable cars or even property and in the process total their own $200 piece of crap. They would just scrape up another couple of hundred bucks and buy another piece of crap while the person who was hit was left holding the bag with no way to collect from someone with no assets to come after.

Trust me, the insurance companies are charging too much for my tastes and that is why I switch companies every year or so to whoever is offering me the best rate at the time. But allowing irresponsible people to drive and injure others with impunity is certainly not the answer.

Oh and I'm listening to "When It All Comes Down" by Everclear

Back
Top Bottom