What Did You Get?

A belly full of grilled lamb chops, Cajun stuffed mushrooms, fresh Lima beans, home made biscuits, pumpkin pie and a very enjoyable day with the family. Merry Christmas ya'll. :cheers:

I got a bunch of stuff that was mine, when I was a young girl. I got, if you can believe this, Duran Duran posters that are 34 years old. There is also a Dale Sr poster that is about 30 years old.

My sister wrapped several Kurt 97 items, from 2003 and Precious Moments Items, that I used to collect.

These are items that my sister has come across while packing up my mom's house.

This was our last Christmas in the family home. If you remember, my mom passed last March. The family home will be sold in 2017. It was an emotional family Christmas with mom being gone and the house that my parents lived in 48 years, being gone by next Christmas.

I got a bunch of stuff that was mine, when I was a young girl. I got, if you can believe this, Duran Duran posters that are 34 years old. There is also a Dale Sr poster that is about 30 years old.

My sister wrapped several Kurt 97 items, from 2003 and Precious Moments Items, that I used to collect.

These are items that my sister has come across while packing up my mom's house.

This was our last Christmas in the family home. If you remember, my mom passed last March. The family home will be sold in 2017. It was an emotional family Christmas with mom being gone and the house that my parents lived in 48 years, being gone by next Christmas.
Priceless items.

My family has decided that this is the final year we will be buying gifts for each other. We will still get my brothers' kids some gifts, but that's it. It gets expensive buying everyone something and plus, we are adults and make our own money, so we can buy things for ourselves if we want. I dread the holiday season because I'm pretty much broke at the end of December each and every year. Family time is really the best gift anyway.

As for this year, I got a few neat things here and there. A zoo membership, books, clothing and a few gift cards. My boss also got me a mini replica football helmet signed by Mathew Stafford, so that's pretty cool.

I got clothes and wife gave me a gift certificate for interior work for my truck.I guess the biggest gift was being with family that we don't see as often as we would like.Everyone is spread out across country,from Texas to Virginia.

My family has decided that this is the final year we will be buying gifts for each other. We will still get my brothers' kids some gifts, but that's it. It gets expensive buying everyone something and plus, we are adults and make our own money, so we can buy things for ourselves if we want. I dread the holiday season because I'm pretty much broke at the end of December each and every year. Family time is really the best gift anyway.

As for this year, I got a few neat things here and there. A zoo membership, books, clothing and a few gift cards. My boss also got me a mini replica football helmet signed by Mathew Stafford, so that's pretty cool.
I like the way you guys think. That's exactly where I'm at with it. Working retail for almost seven years pretty much killed my enthusiasm for holidays, and the whole gift thing is more for the kiddies to get excited about IMO. I usually just get my mom a card and a $50 gift card or two for places she likes to shop at, and she gives me the same thing and a random article of clothing. We don't ask each other for anything.

She actually got proposed to yesterday by the guy she's been dating for a while. They knew each other when they were younger and reconnected maybe a year or two ago. They're both crazy about each other. I think that's about the best gift any human being can receive - love.

A chase elliott Diecast and this
Screenshot_2016-12-26-12-42-55.png

Priceless items.

Every single item I received, I just couldn't believe she had found it in that house. I can't wait until I get a new place. I swear, I'm going to hang my posters up. If I could afford it, I'd get them all put in frames.

I do not care that I am almost 50 years old, those posters are going up.

A little back story first....

A friend of mine passed away a couple months ago. His family and mine were neighbors throughout my childhood. My dad was out of town alot for work, so he was pretty much my father figure growing up. He always included me on things with his 4 boys. He also took me to my very first MLB game. The Reds vs the Marlins in 1994.

I went today to visit his wife. She gave me a gift. She was going through his stuff, and low and behold, she found the ticket stub to that very game. He had kept it for 22 years. Along with a Reds team signed baseball he obtained that day.
dcf1763abb11959704ba0a3d8556f6c8.jpg

I like the way you guys think. That's exactly where I'm at with it. Working retail for almost seven years pretty much killed my enthusiasm for holidays, and the whole gift thing is more for the kiddies to get excited about IMO. I usually just get my mom a card and a $50 gift card or two for places she likes to shop at, and she gives me the same thing and a random article of clothing. We don't ask each other for anything.

She actually got proposed to yesterday by the guy she's been dating for a while. They knew each other when they were younger and reconnected maybe a year or two ago. They're both crazy about each other. I think that's about the best gift any human being can receive - love.
tumblr_mrch3hauft1qbmz6lo1_400.gif

;)

We had all agreed that we'd forego giving gifts to each other and concentrate solely on the twins. But my wife ended up in the hospital the week before so plans were drastically changed. The twins had a great Christmas at their house. What they didn't know is grampy has connections and Christmas 2.0 will happen here tomorrow.for them. The tree we bought 3 weeks ago is still outside so we'll put it up in a while, don't plan on lighting it for more than a few minutes tomorrow.
My present came home last Tuesday.

$25 bucks for Christmas, I'm never worried about myself on Christmas.

I bought my dad a cold air intake (Spectre) for his truck, brother got a $25 dollar gift card to Champs Sports, and mom got a $40 gift card to Torrid.

Everyone apologized to me, I never give a damn about gifts. Its all about family, at least to me on Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom