What do you think is the main cause of Danica Patrick's lackluster performance?

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by furredracer88, Nov 9, 2017.

1. If she's as good as some of you say she is why wouldn't they give her the best equipment? Why wouldn't SHR want a female driver to be going for wins and finishing in the top 5/10 every week? This isn't some ridiculous conspiracy lol

2. 4tires17gals

4tires17gals Crew Chief

Driving a ford and not a chevy. The ford aero is awful

3. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

So what. This is a forum. Opinions matter, even mine.

4. Skoalbandit33

Skoalbandit33 Team Owner

No problem with your opinion and your right to express it and I was just refuting what I felt was you comparing apples and oranges. Like you said..."this is a forum....opinions matter.....even mine."

5. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

I think you are wrong when you claim SHR is a top team. They have 1 car running decent. Kurt Bush has no wins this year other than the Daytona 500 Lottery and Clint has not come close to threatening to win anything. Both those drivers are proven winners so I don't see how anyone can expect Danica to do good. Her first CC is on Kurt's car and he sure isn't setting the world on fire with a supposedly top driver. Radio communication shows that her current CC has already wrote her off. That guy should be fired.

6. hidesert cowboy

hidesert cowboy Team Owner

Square peg in round hole. This is the most rediculous thread in a long time. When you get to auto racings highest levels by something other than performance on the track. Why are people here wondering why she can't do it? If god was the crew chief nothing would change. No women has ever been successful at this form of racing. None have actually been even close. Why do we fight this. It's a fact, it's not to demean women, I am a man. Women do lots of things better than I do. And to say those things aren't important that they can do better is the real deameaning thing people do to women.

7. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Why did Tony prefer a monkey over women? Tony has proven many times he is not the guy to be making major decisions and his friend/manager is just as bad. That jerk couldn't give Joey a winning car and he couldn't get wins for Tony for half the season.
    Hire brains not friends and don't dump people who win you a championship just because your friend needs a job.

8. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Here is something for you to think about. In the past grown strong men had a hard time to drive these cars, it took muscle which women don't usually have. Today little 16 year old boys can drive them until something breaks. Lets compare apple to apples and forget using the past to show anything. Everything in the past is irrelevant today.

9. hidesert cowboy

Past success at actually driving a race car instead of being scantily clad for a go daddy commercial doesn't count? Have you driven a race car? I have, a late model. Running lap after lap at top speed is hard after say 10 laps for me. These guys run that hard for hours. It's not easy.

10. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Are you saying Danica should have been able to drive for 3 hours just like any man? That is the post I applied to. Go back and read what he had to say.

11. Skoalbandit33

Skoalbandit33 Team Owner

Even if SHR wasn't a top team I still believe that it is head and shoulders about RFR and what Bayne has done with the stuff he has been given is greater than what DP has done with what she has been given.

12. hidesert cowboy

No what I am saying is all this is pretty darn simple actually. Driving a race car is hard. Both times I did it. It wasn't 130 + degrees in the car either. Add that to the mix and add 3 hours to it. It's easy to see why Danica isn't running up front. Heck even the best drivers lose it after they hit 40 years old. That's easy to see too, when you get that old. She has taken some wicked hits too. That would also rattle even the very best drivers.

To blame the cc is a joke. Look they can't make the car drive like a caddy and be fast. Often times the fastest car is the most loose, hardest to drive out there. Danica screaming make the car tighter, what if the cc knows doing that would make the car slower? You have to adapt to this to be the best.

bill94el, kk5fan and Team Penske like this.
  13. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

Wait, are you referring to Grubb’s firing?

If so, the decision to release Grubb was made halfway in the season and the team put the pieces together with like 7 races left in the season and won the championship.

14. DaBiff1618

DaBiff1618 Team Owner

Bowyer won the Sprint Showdown (or whatever it's called now) and has 7 top 5s and 13 top 10s with 2nd place finishes at Bristol, Sonoma, and Daytona. Down year by his standards but light years ahead of the 10

gnomesayin, Greg, Wildthing and 2 others like this.
  15. Skoalbandit33

Skoalbandit33 Team Owner

I am not saying it is an easy job to pilot a race car as the mental aspect would be tough enough let alone the physical part. However it isn't like drivers are running 500-600 miles week in and out in a car you could fry an egg on the floor pan all while breathing 100+ degree carbon monoxide.

16. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

attention shoppers, only 4 days left for the Danica clearance sale.

aunty dive likes this.
  17. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

I thought it would be for a wet cleanup on aisle 10 ...

18. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I thought that was the Smithfield Bacon isle

19. *WEAVER*

*WEAVER* Team Owner

Buy 1 get 10 free on Natures Bakery shirts.

20. kk5fan

kk5fan Kahne got fired. Nice guys finish last.

Only men allowed in NASCAR. This was all decided at the Patriarchy Meeting last year. C'mon man, keep up with the times!

21. Greg

Greg 2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader

All in the non top team unaccredited by @TeamPenske equipment

22. And I respect Darian even more for how he handled the situation...... He was top notch...... all the way to the end...... never had a bad word for how it all unfolded...... I am glad Darian went out as a crew chief Champion..... the way it went down.... I really wish Carl had won it.....

Skoalbandit33 and Greg like this.
  23. Greg

I don't think being a woman or strength and fitness have anything to do with it. She is in excellent physical condition. I do appreciate your experience and there is no question about it being difficult.
    But I don't think Danica's endurance or chromosomes is a problem at all. And a lot of athletic men aren't wired to go fast either

I think it simply goes back to fast tracking her into cup cars. She just needed more time racing nascar heavy or full size cars in a developmental series. I wish she would have ran more ARCA, K&N, Trucks and Xfinity cars. And I wish she would get off the high horse and run xfinity cars next year if a cup ride doesn't materialize.

I also believe a young women with a long history of working through the developmental ranks will eventually be competitive in Cup Cars.

24. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

If so, (I have no idea when the decision was made) that was a decision that should have been rescinded or better yet never made at all. With the exception of Childers, Grubb is easily the best crew chief that organization has ever had. Tony screwed the pooch on that one and his career was never the same.

25. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

Honestly his career was never the same after he destroyed his leg, ran over Ward, and broke his back.

Im not about to chalk it up to CC change. Tony has won in everything he’s climbed into.

jws926 likes this.
  26. Cholo

Cholo Team Owner

She probably has some talent but her lack of humility, entitlement, and refusal to take responsibility for her actions prevents her from ever becoming a top driver.

27. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Those things are essential.

28. Blister

Blister Spectator

Danica was always the most fun to listen to on the radio. Always crying anytime another driver got anywhere close to her. A string of expletives then wondering why they are racing her so hard, as she wrestles for 26th place with Landon Cassill and David Ragan. Always crying about the car while not having a clue what to tell the crew chief. Danica and Dale Jr must have the worst crew chiefs in the garage. Never seen two cars that don't hit on it sometimes just by accident, or get better through the race. Things always just go from bad to worse with both.

29. Skoalbandit33

Skoalbandit33 Team Owner

Jimmie Johnson and several others prove you can be a very successful Nascar driver without being arrogant or having a sense of entitlement. You don't have to be be a jackass to being successful as many top pros over the years have displayed.

kymartin6 and bill94el like this.
  30. furredracer88

furredracer88 Spectator

With Danica not having ride next year(at the moment) is there any important place left for her in the sport? Like being a broadcaster or something?

Spotter22 likes this.
  31. Spotter22

Spotter22 Car Chief

Heard she will be teaching yoga classes at all 36 events in 2018 to the drivers and crews. NASCARS new Health Watch Program.

kk5fan and furredracer88 like this.
  32. hendrickfreak

hendrickfreak Jackman

Na she's going back to Indycar

33. Greg

I think she has a lot of options, and still remains marketable, just in not as well as before due to racing economics I doubt very seriously she dissappears until she is ready to walk away.

34. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

Is there any place left in this forum for more discussions about a driver who's leaving with the clear intent of not coming back?

jws926 and LewTheShoe like this.
  35. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

Google the phrase 'NASCAR pit crew yoga' some time.

36. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Oh, come on now Charles.

The last thread is already a week old.

37. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I'm confused, Co anchor?

38. Greg

Google "Grid Girls Yoga"

jws926 likes this.
  39. Skoalbandit33

Skoalbandit33 Team Owner

Danica would need to be embedded with Dale Carnegie or the Toastmasters or someone that could teach her to speak before any kind of broadcasting gig was broached. Everytime she speaks each sentence contains multiple ahhs, umms, you know, yeahs and maybe even the odd "what had happened was."

The funny thing with Patrick is when asked a question she actually looks like she is thinking about it but then she babbles on with nonsensical drivel.

40. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Team Owner

Wait till you hear the screams on here (and elsewhere) if she ends up in a good ride next year and Matt Kenseth doesn’t.

Truex_rox and Johali like this.