What have they done to our Formula-1

K

Kyle18fan

Going to take a while to get used to the massive changes they have made to these cars. Have they went too far this time or will it all be good by race day ?
I was shocked by the sound of these engines

I love the changes, Ford needs try and get into F1 they have a V-6 that's turbo charged that they have built for the past 4 years. But the best for F1 so far is Red Bull is behind on the cars & best so far is Vettal start's 12th. I'm hoping that F1 doesn't turn into 'the Vettel show' again this year.

If F1 ran the engine that's in my 22 year old SHO they wouldn't need any forced induction engines at all.

Last edited:
F1's changes

Weight

The new engines, extra electrical power and larger batteries mean cars are significantly heavier - a minimum of 691kg, rather than 642kg. It takes more energy to stop that on the brakes.

Front wing and nose

The front wing is 150mm narrower and the tip of the nose is lowered to 185mm, to try to improve safety in collisions.

Exhaust

In the past, teams directed exhaust gases on to the rear diffuser to improve downforce. Now a single exhaust pipe has fixed dimensions.

Engine

The change from 2.4-litre V8s to 1.6-litre V6 turbos produces 600bhp with an rpm limit of 15,000 compared to 18,000.

Fuel

The teams are allowed only 100kg of fuel as opposed to around 160kg in 2013. The rate at which they can use the fuel has gone down to 100kg an hour from around 170kg an hour.

I for one am excited as hell about the shuffling of the deck. Especially as a Hamilton fan.

Drivers really had to drive in practice in qualifying this weekend. I'm really looking forward to the race.

I for one am excited as hell about the shuffling of the deck. Especially as a Hamilton fan.

Hamilton hit the ground running so far. I look forward to seeing a good wet race tonight, if I recall everything last year was dry for the most part

Been watching F1 since 1979, it sure has drastically changed this year and I thought 2008 was the doom of F1 but I was wrong, the turbo V6's don't even have that screaming demon trying to get out sound that the 80's turbo V6's had. However, yes I hope there's more position shuffling rather than spotlighting Vettel every single race. I'm liking Nico Rosberg, he was showing an awful lot of promise last year, 2014 may be his WDC chase year.

I think the sound you are not hearing is those extra 3000 RPM. Give those back and it would be like the Tasmanian Devil having a meltdown all over again.

Turbos muffle sound really well.

Back
Top Bottom