What in the world...

kkfan91

Everyones an outlaw til its time to do outlaw s%&#
Happened here

Terrible. FIA installs ridiculous curbs at high speed corners and this is the result. A week after a fatality from a car bouncing off a barrier and back onto the track. The other driver in that crash in a medically induced coma. Then there was the other feeder race were the car went under the barrier, almost killing the kid if not for the halo.

Props to Dallara for that chassis construction though.

When I first saw this in a gif I thought it was a video game.

I dont think any one person came up with this genius idea but whoever is responsible the most should be installed as a speed bump and see how he likes getting run over. Idiot

When I first saw this in a gif I thought it was a video game.

I dont think any one person came up with this genius idea but whoever is responsible the most should be installed as a speed bump and see how he likes getting run over. Idiot
To quote this video whoever designed that corner should be beaten

The report I read said the curbing broke. It did not specify if it was previously broken or if the car broke it. Either way, the nose pitched up and that was enough to achieve actual flight. These cars are essentially flat bottomed airfoils all the way back to the diffuser, so they are especially intolerant of a positive angle of attack. It's like an airliner picking it's nose wheel off the ground and then taking off. The curbing didn't actually launch the car, but it did pitch the nose up enough for the car to take flight.

Instead of having track limits controversies, curbing breaking cars or pitching them into the fence maybe it's better to put the grass back in and they either deal with it or they wad the car up on the wall.

Back
Top Bottom