What is NASCAR going to do with ARCA ?

When I read that NASCAR was going to buy ARCA I thought it was to protect NASCAR from someone getting their hands on it and creating a series that could compete against them.
We are all aware of the slumping TV ratings and we see all the empty seats ( even after thousands of seats were removed ) .
NASCAR has some very serious issues that need to be resolved, and very quickly. Big corporations are like huge ships, they are sluggish, slow in turning, slow in responding to the controls.
As a long time NASCAR fan I would like to see them resolve some issues. I have submitted some ideas, and some honest feed back in the hopes that it will help.
It sure seems like its time to have a new person in charge.

Going back to my question about ARCA, NASCAR has its top Stock Car division ( Monster Energy), a lower tier Stock Car division ( X-Finity) , a Truck division ( Craftsman ) , and now another Stock Car division, plus their regional divisions.
Doesn't that further water down the competition or are they going to merge it with the X-finity series ?
I would think that maybe they wanted a 3 step stock car series, but ARCA already has many events at the Super Speedways. Not a great place for most beginners.
I would of thought NASCAR would turn ARCA in to an awesome short track series with a few Super Speedway events. ( Dover, Ky Speedway, Kansas) Maybe a couple road courses ( Mid Ohio ) maybe even a dirt track or two.
An ARCA Series that could use older NASCAR Monster Energy cars with a choice of crate motors with various weight breaks/ penalties.

Does any one have any ideas on what NASCAR is planning to do with ARCA

How could we know when even Nascar doesn't have any idea?
I suspect it was just a move to eliminate the competition and control all racing.
ARCA is a tiny step between the regional racing and trucks and both are feeder series for
Xfinity racing.
It has been for years a place for cup cars to be used up chassis wise.

If the idea is to kill it entirely, merging with Xfinity seems like a good way to start. If the current owners of ARCA teams could afford to run Xfinity cars, they'd already be doing it.

Make it another regional series. Run it on Midwestern tracks from May through September or so. Get it the heck off the plate tracks and Pocono. Maybe combine some events with Truck or X races on weekends when the Cuppers are somewhere else.

I like the idea of lower series races running the same day as the cup event and it gives value to the cup ticket. Just don't allow any cup drivers in the race. I would however agree to the winner of the lower series being able to start dead last in the cup race. Should/when he/she brings out a caution or gets lapped, they are out of the race.

I like the idea of lower series races running the same day as the cup event and it gives value to the cup ticket. Just don't allow any cup drivers in the race. I would however agree to the winner of the lower series being able to start dead last in the cup race. Should/when he/she brings out a caution or gets lapped, they are out of the race.
I doubt many ARCA teams are financially capable of fielding a winning car AND a mediocre Cup car on the same weekend. I doubt many X teams are either.

Should just merge K&N with ARCA. Have to keep the plate races however, it’s good practice for these up and comers and such a unique setting for all for the first time

Making it a series to allow more standalone Truck & Xfinity Races would be nice. However I see it getting killed off.

Back
Top Bottom