What is really going to happen to the Camaro?

N

NateDogg

What is really going on over there? I have heard just about everything from its coming back in 2005 as a retro to its not coming back at all and chevy is putting an 8 in the impala. So whats happing with the f-bodies?

There isn't any official word yet.
However, after the Camaro and Firebird are dead, GM's Bob Lutz plans to bring back the Pontiac GTO. He's bringing over the Holden Monaro (which is currently sold in Austrailia), making a few minor exterior/interior "tweaks" to give it more of a Pontiac look and naming it the GTO. It will be powered by the engine offered in the current F-Bodys and Corvette, the 5.7L "LS1" V8 which produces a RATED (and I stress RATED) 350hp. These engines are actually way under rated from the factory and routinely put down about 300-325hp at the WHEELS!
He also plans to possibly bring the Holden Ute SS here, powered by the same "LS1" engine, and badge it under Chevy as the "El Camino"

Whether or not the Camaro/Firebird will return still remains a mystery.
We can all hope though can't we? :)

Im pretty sure that the Camaros comin back. I thought it was official. Oh well. Im lookin forward to the new GTO, but im still wondering how much it will be priced at. Anyone think it could drag with an 2003 SVT Mustang Cobra? /me thinks not. And I think ill cry if they bring back the El Camino. Blah

I think they will bring the Camaro back, but if you see the design...you won't like it. Damn thing looks nothing like a Camaro. On the subject of the El Camino...I hope they bring that back too...I always loved the "Camino"! My dad had a 78 SS. That thing could haul ARRRSSSSSSS!

Back
Top Bottom