What is the future of Salem Speedway

Salem use to have two ARCA events per season, but my understanding is that NASCAR bought ARCA and is going to take those two ARCA events away.
I had read earlier this season that a Group was in the process of buying the track but I guess that deal fell apart.
Since the Louisville track shut down it pretty much has put the hurt on local asphalt racing in this area. We have Salem Speedway and the Jefferson Sportsdrome but they do not work together on the rules.
There was another asphalt track in this area, the Charlestown Motor Speedway but it too closed down many years ago.
The owners of Salem have worked very hard and spent a lot of money on the Salem facilities, and a lot more needs to be done. The Salem Track has a great history and about anyone who is anybody has raced there.

Not saying you are wrong, but where did you hear that NASCAR is planning on taking away the Salem events?
They always get awesome crowds, though the track surface is very rough... So I don't know..
I saw this : https://i.imgur.com/a9uOiwr.jpg
Which was put out at a meeting with NASCAR and track promoters in Feb or March.
Obviously thats not an official schedule, and the final schedule will likely look very different. Unlikely the final schedule will be out before October or November.
I read that Bo Lemastus of Crosley had purchased the track last year, did that not end up happening?
If they do take the races away, I guess it would only be due to the condition of the track surface, because those are definitely some of the more successful ARCA short track events.

Back
Top Bottom