What is your fondest memory of 2002 from LCS?

D

drt lvr

I know this post may open up some arguing and fussin' but I sincerely hope not. What is the fondest memories you have from the 2002 season at Laurens?
Some of mine are:
*in rookie -4's......watching Dusty Eaves take to the high side late in the year,winning some races,and earning alot of respect and admiration from alot of fans(and drivers)
*in pro-4's........watching a close 3-way battle to the last race for the points title with Nolan almost sneaking in the last few weeks.The 6,14,and 58 had a heck of a battle!
*in b-hobby........meeting Chris Taylor and his crew,watching him win some races,and another points chase between 3 cars down to the last race. The 79,31,and 22 put on a most memorable points battle.
*in Cadet......watching my buddy Kevin in his first year being very competitive,winning several races,and just coming up short for his first Cadet Championship. Great battle down to the last week between the 7 and 98!!
*in late-model.......watching and pulling for David Todd as he won his first late-model championship. Feeling his ups and downs........and seeing the smile after the last race. Also the heart -wrenching driving display that he put on in the Carolina Clash race. Not a dry eye in the stands........including my own.
ALSO.......close points battle here between the two 4's and 7.
*watching Ricky Weeks come to town to win a race in September. Ricky is my daughter's favorite driver and we go to watch him frequently whenever Laurens is not running. Him and his wife Myra have always been very nice and friendly to us whatever track we see them at. Daughter even got to ride with him around the track at Cherokee for about 5-laps earlier this year!
*Meeting Mike Huey and his folks (black 4) great people,and driver!
*these are just a FEW of my fond memories.......What are yours?
*Congratulations to ALL the 2002 points winners!

David , you have pretty well covered most of my favorite memories at LCS for 2002, however you failed to mention one that is one of my favorites. That was the night that I met 4m's dirtbabe35, her son dirtdude9, and bite me too. They are some really nice folks. Hope they return to LCS sometime in 2003.
Also, I enjoyed watching the week by week improvement of rookie4 driver J.C. Counts. He got a heat race win, and in the last race, he got his best finish of the year in a feature (2nd).
Looking for nothing but good things from J.C.in 2003.
There were also some unpleasant memories in 2002. The worst of these was the night David Todd's Dad passed away just after the Late Model feature. I'm sure it was tough for David to come back to LCS every week after that. He really deserved to win the Late Model Championship.
A few other unpleasant incidents took place in the B-hobbie. most notably the Jesse Johnson- Chris Taylor feud. Donnie Satterfield was an innocent victim in other drivers on track feuds on more than one occasion. In my opinion, and I'm sure to have disagreements on this one. Donnie is the most talented driver in B-Hobbie. Donne also seems to be a heck of a nice guy. Wish him the best in 2003.
Congratulations to all the champions, and especially to Kevin Suber, 2002 Rookie of the Year. Kevin, you did an awesome job in that #7 all year, and made an exciting run at the Cadet Championship toward year's end.
Can't wait until April. Good luck to all in 2003.

My greatest memories are:

Chris Taylor picking up his first win on May 18, 2002.

Also seeing Lynn Taylor get the Cadet Win on the same night which happened to be a record at Laurens County Speedway seeing a father and son win in the same night!

Seein Lynn Taylor get his first win after returing to LCS after having open heart surgery!

Brett Williamson pickin up the 2002 pro stock 4 champonship!

Those are my favorite highlights of the 2002 season!

To David(drt lvr) thanks for being a die hard Chris Taylor Fan! We really appricate all the love and support you have givin us! We can promise you and the other TAYLOR fans that we will not let yall down this coming up season!! Thanks again! And it was really great to meet a wonderful person like you!

Seeing Brett win the 2002 Pro-stock four Championship! Will never forget that one!

There were a lot of thing that happened I'll never forget! Hope 2003 season is just as exciting!

profour.jpg

thanks Katie for all the kind words........and Claude you are right about the hobby division. Donnie was a victim of circumstances more than once. I hate to see that happen. Maybe a few more two-week vacations should be in order next year for such actions. I know Fred says it sells tickets.......but sooner or later. Some one will get seriously hurt if not careful. I hope all that is in the past in 2003.
Also Claude.............dirtbabe35 is a hottie ain't she? LOL!!

Whatching my loving Fiance win the PRO STOCK 4 CHAMPIONSHIP! All his hard work paid off and he deserved every minute of it. I love you Brett!

Skyler & Missy Williamson!:itslove:

Whatching Joey Stricland win 2002 b-hobbie Campionship.:jumping:

Also seeing Brett win his campionship too

Mine would have to be:

rookie 4: watching Jeramie get his first win!
Pro 4: Watching Jeff Mack take it home! And also watching Brett get championship!
hobbie: May 11, 2002 watching David get his first win in two years! Watching the last couple of weeks with the point battle with some really good drivers! And WATCHING lil' T bring it home so many times!!!!
Cadet: watching a really talented young driver KEVIN SUBER! And watching LYNN bring it home after going through a tough time,,,, but he did it and im proud of him!
Late Model: David Todd getting the championship!

MOST OF ALL: Watching all the hard working drivers put all their effort into racing whether they win or they dont! Even though they would LOVE to win!There have been some really tough battles but what the heck i say we get ready for the 2003 season! What could be better than getting back on "TRACK" LOL!

WATCHING JOEY " DA MAN" STRICKLAND THE 2002 B-HOBBIE CHAMPION ,BRETT, AND DAVID WIN THEIR CHAMPIONSHIPS. AND NOT TO BAD MOUTH DONNIE AND NOT TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM HIM BUT THE MOST TALENTED DRIVER WON THAT CHAMPIONSHIP. DONNIE HAD SOME BAD LUCK BUT JOEY HAD HIS SHARE ALSO. BUT WE ALL "THE 22 CREW" PULLED IT TOGETHER AND CAME OUT ON TOP WHERE THE BEST DESERVES TO BE. WAY TO GOOOOOOOOO REDROCKIT PILOT FINE JOB THIS PAST SEASON. ANOTHER IS THE BIG PARTY WE HAD AFTER WINNING THE POINTS CHAMPIONSHIP IT WAS A BLAST. GUESS YOU JUST HAD TO BE THERE IF YOU WASN'T YOU SURE MISSED A GOOD TIME. ONE LAST THING THE FIGHTS YOU SURE CAN'T FORGET THEM. I DON'T KNOW IF WE WENT TO THE FIGHT AND A RACE BROKE OUT OR WHAT BUT IT SURE SEEMED THAT WAY LOL...

My most favor. memories are seeing Jeramie Armstrong Take his first rookie stock 4 win!!! That was a site for every even when he lead the WHOLE race!! I love you sweetie! And watching Chris Vickery make a fool of him self!! Chris I am only joking!! I know Katie and Daisy got a kick outta that!LOL!!

In Pro 4 seeing Daddy Mack take his win and watchin Larry and Brett put on some good shows out there!!

In B-HOBBY!! OMG It is the one and only time when Chris"da man" Taylor took that FIRST win home!! Couldn't have been prouder, And seeing the FATHER AND SON victory!! Great thing too.

Cadets- Seeing LYNN TAYLOR come back to Laurens and winning after his heartattack!! I was soo proud to see my "other"boyfriend come back!! LOVE YA!!lol!

Late Model- Seeing Chris Lyons pick out he victorys, See Mike Measamer come back! and seein David Todd pick up his Championship win!!

I had some great times out there last year!! Better than the last(you know what I mean KK) But hope to have some more this year with the FAMILY!!! Love ya'll, Micah M. Armstrong!!

15-79
It's all in the FAMILY!!!

LOL at Micah! You a nut!!! Yea I like that about Chris Vickery!! He aint right! He did make a fool of himself at Laurens a couple of times but the other times others did that for him! LMAO!! ( you know what I mean) You aint see a fool of him......you should have seen him run that dirtbike into that fence!! The fence had more damage than he did! LOL!! WE LOVE YOU CHRIS!!! LMAO!!! Anywho!

Love ya girl, Katie

And I must say that seein Jeramie get that win was perty dang good too!

:rolleyes: some times i wonder about ya'll! Im tryin to tell yah! Chris is about retarded all the way around! But you cant say he didnt try at least! Still wondering how next season is gonna turn out with that boy! HOPEFULLY better than this one! Well, if it can get better! Well, im out love yall! TTYL! :p

WE ALL STILL LOVE YOU CHRIS!!! HAHA I STILL CAN'T SEE HOW YOU RAN INTO THE FENCE!!! GOODNESS!

Oh its possible! oh at least it is when you have a dumb person drivin it! LMAO!!!!!!!!

I think my findest memory would have to be watching Joey Strickland win the B-Hobbie Championship!!!!! ALSO afterwards when we went past Chris Taylor's pit crew!!!!:D

leave it to one to be a smart azz.......ALWAYS..one in every bunch.

I know.......I know. But .....EVERYONE was being somewhat semi-civil for a change! LOL! I just wish for once last year would be just that. Last year!.......No need to reopen old war wounds. LOL

Im VERY proud of our 3rd place finish!! Between the top 4 point contenders I thought it was some perty good racin! But I agree with Drt on this one!!

I'm also very proud of Chris Taylor's finish in the points!

Thanks Missy! We know who our true fans are!

Love, katie

Well I am sorry that I wasn't being civil. Congrats on the place that you did come in and I know I shouldn't have said what I did. But I still have to CONGRATULATE Joey and I hope to see him win it agian next year. So sorry and congrats....Erica:D

HELLO MISSY, KATIE, DRTLVR, AND THE REST OF THE RACIN FOLKS IT'S ME.... HOW WAS EVERYONE'S HOLIDAY?
MINE JUST WONDERFUL, BUT GLAD IT'S OVER.
WON'T BE LONG UNTIL WE CAN SEE EACH OTHER AGAIN, JUST 3 MORE MONTHS UNTIL THE GOOD OLE RACIN STARTS. I CAN'T WAIT!!!
SOUNDS LIKE THE FUSSING HAS ALREADY BEGAN FOR SOME FOLKS. I THINK IT'S FUNNY>>>>>I LOVE IT!! BUT HEY THAT'S RACIN!!!
LOVE, ANGIE

Hey Angie. Our holiday was great. We can't wait to see you this year. But you'll have to come see us at gaffney too! We are running there also! Wish us luck! LOL

Hey Angie!! Well you know how my holiday went!!!LOL! But it was better to stay down here for the holidays! But Hey Michelle and Katie!! CHRIS T IS DA BEST!! Sorry I had to do it! But anyway! Hope ya'll are getting them 79 cars over there finished!! We brought home the 15 Bounty Hunter home yesterday!! Glad for it to be home!! Oh yeah A special THANKS to Larry Teal and RJ's Shop for making it happen! But like always can't wait for racing season to be here! So for now everyone take care and can't wait to see ya'll! Love ya,Micah

15-79
It runs in the family!!!

LOL!! Everybody knows it micah! LOL!! Congrats on bringin that bad 15 home!

Love yall, katie

Hello everyone.......Holidays were great. But...as Angie said. Kinda glad they're over.(in a way) Racing will be here soon. Gaffney will gear up next month on the 23rd and Laurens about 5-6 weeks after that. So.........guess we'll ride Cherokee till we start up down here. Which is fine.. since I got alot of racing buddies up there also.(and not one death threat from up there either...yet) LOL!
Just kidding.......
Racing folks are the best. No matter what track or what town you visit .I've found out that its the same everywhere......we all love our favorites but would still pretty much (I think) come to the aid of a fellow fan or competitor who needed it. :)

Well Katie I just thought I would tell EVERYONE!! So just kiss my butt!! I still love ya though!lol! Love ya, Micah

15-79
It's a Family Thang
With the skills!!

Back
Top Bottom