What races did you attend?

Just the Rolex 24.... missed my Chicagoland home race, missed out on Daytona July race, and my plans for Martinsville didnt come through. It's been an unlucky year to say the least.

Just the Texas Spring race. Should have gone to at least one Kansas race, but I just didn't have enough desire I suppose.

Both Poconos. Had arrangements to do a bus trip to the Bristol night race but it fell through when the company didn't get enough participants. :angry: I offered the family fall Dover as a consie but it was a late one (also a bus trip) and my 14 y/o didn't want to get back so late on a school night. I worry about that kid.

It was cool to see Blaney get his win at Pocono.

Martinsville late models and got to see Denny and Chase go at it... Harvick finished 4th going backwards...

All-Star Race and the fall Richmond race.

Already have our tickets to the spring Dover race for next year. Debating on either the Glen, New Hampshire, Charlotte or the fall Dover race as well.

Kentucky Xfinity and Cup, Xfinity got rained out the night before so I got to see both in one day

Edit: forgot to mention I planned to attend the Winchester 400 but that fell through

The rolex 24 The Daytona Duels, truck race and 500.

The Valley Star 300

The Bowman Gray Stadium season finale

The Myrtle Beach 250 & 400 (in 2 days)
Damn good races this year

Dover Spring Xfinity and Cup

Kentucky Xfinity and Cup, Xfinity got rained out the night before so I got to see both in one day

Edit: forgot to mention I planned to attend the Winchester 400 but that fell through

Same here, really enjoyed the double header.

The Clash/500 Pole Day, Atlanta (triple header), July Daytona, Fall Charlotte. Was locked and loaded for Homestead, but...see Martinsville incident and final 10 laps of Phoenix :(

I also try to do all practices and qualifying when I go.

I usually do two Nascar races, but this year just one... the Kentucky Cup/Xfinity doubleheader. Did more sprint car races this year, and had planned on Texas in the fall but a wedding interfered.

Zippo. I have had the privilege of attending many, many Nascar races over the years and for the most part I had the time of my life. I would never say never but I don't see myself going back to the track as I have developed other interests and watching from home suits me fine.

Coke 600 and the southern 500

Got absolutely hammered at the coke 600. Don't ever plan to get that drunk at a race again. When you have a 2 hour rain delay and thousands of fans under the grandstands, the drinking game is STRONG!!

Southern 500 was a blast. First time I ever had pit passes.

Also attended a bandit big rig series event at the Florence motor speedway... that sh!t was awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytona 500, Pocono 2, 41 local dirt track shows at 17 different tracks

Reactions: Bob
The Clash/500 Pole Day, Atlanta (triple header), July Daytona, Fall Charlotte. Was locked and loaded for Homestead, but...see Martinsville incident and final 10 laps of Phoenix :(

I also try to do all practices and qualifying when I go.

See, I think that is why I dont have near as much desire to attend races live. When Jeff was driving, I always went with hopes of seeing him win, which never happened. Now my driver is J Mac, who never wins. When he leaves, Bayne will be my driver so I will be in the same boat. Races are a lot more fun when you can watch your driver move through the field and know he has a chance to win. I like drivers for who they are and not how good they are and unfortunately that has consequences.

Off topic post, sorry about that.

See, I think that is why I dont have near as much desire to attend races live. When Jeff was driving, I always went with hopes of seeing him win, which never happened. Now my driver is J Mac, who never wins. When he leaves, Bayne will be my driver so I will be in the same boat. Races are a lot more fun when you can watch your driver move through the field and know he has a chance to win. I like drivers for who they are and not how good they are and unfortunately that has consequences.

As a Dale Jr./J Mac fan for years I feel your pain :lol2:

I had tix for Vegas and Fontana bought in advance. I used “remodeling my bathroom “ as an excuse not to go to either.
I have tix for Fontana and Vegas September for 2018. I’m gonna spend time with fam damily, don’t really care what’s going on beyond the RV.

Outside of local stuff...none.

I used to be good for two or three local dirt races a year. Didn't happen this year. Always something else in the way. Note to self: Next year will be different. Here in PA the big dirt races are almost as much $ as Pocono (some of them.) Good times though, either way.

I had tix for Vegas and Fontana bought in advance. I used “remodeling my bathroom “ as an excuse not to go to either.
I have tix for Fontana and Vegas September for 2018. I’m gonna spend time with fam damily, don’t really care what’s going on beyond the RV.
I have attended several races over the years....... but.... it has also been several years since I attended one..... I have no interest to put that much money, time and energy into it anymore...... I can watch on T.V. and be home in comfort when the race is over.... no crowds... no traffic...... no expense.... I've had the ''live'' experience enough......

I have attended several races over the years....... but.... it has also been several years since I attended one..... I have no interest to put that much money, time and energy into it anymore...... I can watch on T.V. and be home in comfort when the race is over.... no crowds... no traffic...... no expense.... I've had the ''live'' experience enough......
I used to love getting to the track early, eat breakfast, grab a beer and head to my seat for practice before “one car” qualifying. When qualifying changed I either stayed at the tailgate or cruised the merchandise trailers. When the merchandise trailers left I stayed at the tailgate until the race was about start.
That’s about where I am now.

I used to love getting to the track early, eat breakfast, grab a beer and head to my seat for practice before “one car” qualifying. When qualifying changed I either stayed at the tailgate or cruised the merchandise trailers. When the merchandise trailers left I stayed at the tailgate until the race was about start.
That’s about where I am now.
That about sums it up.......... tailgating is the highlight of the weekend.......

I was there for jmacs all star win in 2014... always been a fan of his, was awesome to be there for him to win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom