What the casual fan thinks of Nascar

Switchback

Team Owner
I stumbled across this thread on how to fix Nascar on a non racing related forum. I found it to be a rare opportunity to witness a Nascar discussion by people who aren't die hard racing fans. This is a busy forum with a lot of users so even though it is not a racing forum the thread has quite a few responses.

There is a fair amount of ignorance in the posts but a few legitimate things kept coming up. I get the feeling most of them have no idea about the new rules package or possibly even how a champion is crowned. Wanting stock cars back that are harder to drive was one common opinion. Unfortunately for me, I don't think anyone mentions dumping the play offs which is my #1. I'm not sure how prolific any of the ideas mentioned would be but it's interesting to see the perspective from people who do not spend there days on a racing related website.

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=836487&posts=31&start=1

Interesting. As you noted, there's a lot of ignorance and outdated 'back in the day' comments. A couple of them do have valid points.

It amazes me how so many hate the 1.5s. Those are my favorite races but I'm not sure about this new package for them.

It amazes me how so many hate the 1.5s. Those are my favorite races but I'm not sure about this new package for them.
Yeah, I can't say I really hate the "cookie-cutter" mile-and-a-halfers either.

I don't hate the cookie cutters as much as I think there are too many of them. The drivers tell us they're not really alike much and I believe them, but that's not how they look from the recliner.

"Other than Michigan you are pretty much stuck with 1.5 mile tri ovals that produce clone yawners."

"Clone Yawners" This made me laugh. I'm stealing that one!

Back
Top Bottom