what type of tracks do you want to see at nascar ??

No question avaiable to import.

• Oval only!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More road courses, streets, and dirt

• More road courses, and streets

• add some dirt tracks

• leave the tracks like they are its fine

• other

• Total voters
S

smack500

Do you want to see street courses,dirt,more roadcourses, or just keep it oval ??

In my opinon the best drivers can race at all tracks and still get a win, I would have alot more respect for cup winners if they had more variety of tracks.

A couple of road courses for variety are fine, but no more. No street courses either. Dirt? Puleeze. No dirt tracks exist that have the seating capacity, not to mention pits, garages, etc. Leave the dirt tracking to the guys already racing it...they are awesome!

I'd blow NHIS to bits, lose one race at each plate track, 86 Homestead, eliminate Indy, and give the 6 dates to Kentucky, Nashville, Hickory, a second date at Phoenix for the flat trackers, and the other 2 at either Kansas, Chicago, Vegas or Cali. But I'm just one fan, with my own preferences.

I would like to see them increase the road course number to 4 races a year. This would make it more worth the teams time to put into testing and research for them. 2 per years seems like more of a distraction or an inconvienience. It would be cool to see them on the street, seeing they are supposed to be stock cars.

``````````````````
Way to go Harvick "29 for the 3"

I would like to see them add 2 street races one at Long Beach and the other at Cleaveland Airport. have them race on the same weekend as CART does and have it a double header for those days.

keep it the way it is--the guys have to many weeks, dude they're tired

At some point NASCAR will need to add more races and split the season N/S or E/W. The drivers need to get back to 30 something races. More tracks mean more races. ISC is looking to buy(?) Pikes Peak IR so you know they get a WC race. I think something could be worked out for everyone's benefit. Especially the fans. We could see 2 WC races on a weekend. :D

ghetto I am not talking about adding aditional races Im talking about takeing away the second dates at some tracks and add other tracks oval has got to be the easiest track style to drive on

I would like to see a Cloverleaf Road course.With a couple of speed bumps in it.With 2 differant pits.One for fuel,only,and one for the rest of the service.:p

I think they should run the Burk Lake front Airport corse.:) If I could build a track, I wouldn't mind seeing a 1/2 mile trioval with compound banking.

They covered Bristol with dirt for the WoO series, if i remeber correctly. It would be a dream come true for me to see the Cup cars race on dirt there.

More road coursed would be fine, too. Anything but these 1.5 mile ovals they keep bringing into the series.

I dont think sterling deservs a cup because I dont he has finished better then 20th at a road course.The person who wins the cup should be able to conquer any track, but because theres so little tracks that aren't oval he very well might win it.

Thats right, he doesn't deserve one because of 2 out of 32 races. whatever!!

if there was more then 2 he still would suck at them its not the number of the tracks thats there that hes not good at its the fact he cannot drive a car on anything besides a oval track

Add Road Atlanta, 1 more Watkins Glen, Ditch 1 at Louden, goodby Phoenix, Homestead SUCKS, TRY a street course exibition, but I think most street courses sre too narrow for Nascar.........widen them up about 2 car widths to allow passing, under bridges, thru tunnels, WOW.

DIRT, no I don't think so. Not Nascar style.

The only way NASCAR would be able to add anymore races is to divided the series like the Hooters Pro Cup. Have a North and South series and the top 25 in points in both series go on to a 4 race championship.

Originally posted by Nascar24rainbow
The only way NASCAR would be able to add anymore races is to divided the series like the Hooters Pro Cup. Have a North and South series and the top 25 in points in both series go on to a 4 race championship.

That sounds reasonable to me:) But why does everyone say dirt won't work? Sure it would........run the races in heats just like they do Saturday nights!!:D I think only about two per year would be enough. The two road courses are fine (except Sonona, or whatever the new name is, is just an awful track). Can't see street races working though.......Cup and Busch cars are just two heavy to run on streets. The spectators would have to be so far from the racing surface they wouldn't be able to see anything. And someone mentioned cloverleaf course!!:D Would that be like a figure eight race? Demolition derby!! No thanks!:(

No thx is right. If more road courses were brought there would be many more hired guns. And this time they might be hired for more than just the road courses. Let them race in Their series, we can keep ours. 2 road races are plenty, but maybe 1 or 2 more wouldnt hurt. Boy that would Kill Marlin!

Originally posted by Awesome_Bill
No thx is right.  If more road courses were brought there would be many more hired guns.  And this time they might be hired for more than just the road courses.  Let them race in Their series, we can keep ours.  2 road races are plenty, but maybe 1 or 2 more wouldnt hurt.  Boy that would Kill Marlin!

Hey Bill, when did a "hired gun" win at the Glenn or infineon?? They usually fall out or mess up cuz they can't drive them right.

Now, back to Dirt.... Most Nascar drivers have driven on dirt in their growing years in Outlaws, Sprints, etc. I just can't see a NASCAR vehicle on dirt unless y'all want to just look at cartoon nascar.

Your right Kat, as far As I know a "hired gun" has never won a race at The Glen or Infineon. Im just saying that the more road races that are brought in, the better the chances of a hired gun to win one or take out a WC regular. If a new course was brought in than a Hired gun would have the advantage over the WC regulars, because of their past expierence. And just because they havent won yet, doesnt mean that they havent finished well before.

IMO : drop NH, Homestead, Chicago, Kansas, Texas, California, Talladega, Las Vegas and Sears Point, and put in dates at : Mosport, Laguna Seca, Cleveland Airport, Sebring, Road America, and fill the rest of the dates up with MORE SHORT TRACKS

take away Sebring and add Portland Intl' in my list of RC's, as much as i would like to have another race in central FLA, sebring would probably be boring in WC cars

Dump most of the cookie cutters.
Add flat and/or banked and/or dirt shorties.
Add road courses.
Add figure 8's.

Put in an end of the year demo derby for them to trash their worst car of the year at.

they need to add atleast 2 more its sad, marlin finishes 20th or worse everytime he races at a road course and hes still probally gona win the cup.Whats next a guys gonna win the cup from only winning at restrictor plate tracks??? Im sorry in my book marlin is just not a true championship driver JMO

I seriously hope mark tony or jeff wins

ARCA races on dirt, why can't NASCAR? I believe they use the same chasis and body styles too.

The championship will be decided by the team that is most consistant over the 32 races. If Marlin doesn't perform well at the Glen, he could very well loose his points lead. Stewart didn't have any luck at Daytona in either race. Does this mean he shouldn't win the cup.

I would add 2 more road courses, and take away Talladega.

Why does NASCAR race twice at the same tracks anyway? Wouldn't NASCAR increase its fan base by adding tracks and racing most places once? Or is this just a track ownership issue?

Originally posted by racerx11
ARCA races on dirt, why can't NASCAR? I believe they use the same chasis and body styles too.

The championship will be decided by the team that is most consistant over the 32 races. If Marlin doesn't perform well at the Glen, he could very well loose his points lead. Stewart didn't have any luck at Daytona in either race. Does this mean he shouldn't win the cup.

last time I checked daytona was not the only track nascar visits thats that type of track, what Im saying is look at his whole carreer he has never done good at road courses . A true champion to me should be able to win at all types of tracks, and theres so little of those tracks its not gonna really affect him.Im not really for sure on this but I think his best finish at a road course was 22nd or something like that if anyone knows please post it up.I bet you one thing if there was 2 more road courses in the series he wouldnt have the points lead he has.

Sterlings career road course stats:

Sears Point
Year ---- ---- Fin ---- Qual
2002 ---- ---- DNF ---- 36
2001 ---- ---- 28 ---- 16
2000 ---- ---- 2 ---- 6
1999 ---- ---- 25 ---- 21
1998 ---- ---- 7 ---- 16
1997 ---- ---- 26 ---- 16
1996 ---- ---- 15 ---- 14
1995 ---- ---- 7 ---- 20
1994 ---- ---- 29 ---- 13
1993 ---- ---- 12 ---- 23
1992 ---- ---- 16 ---- 11
1991 ---- ---- 26 ---- 15
1990 ---- ---- 6 ---- 17
1989 ---- ---- DNF ---- 17

Watkins Glen
2001 ---- ---- 25 ---- 16
2000 ---- ---- 30 ---- 20
1999 ---- ---- 33 ---- 20
1998 ---- ---- 7 ---- 13
1997 ---- ---- 13 ---- 6
1996 ---- ---- 11 ---- 27
1995 ---- ---- 21 ---- 32
1994 ---- ---- 26 ---- 22
1993 ---- ---- 6 ---- 30
1992 ---- ---- 16 ---- 31
1991 ---- ---- 12 ---- 28
1990 ---- ---- 15 ---- 17
1989 ---- ---- 7 ---- 18
1988 ---- ---- 8 ---- 14
1987 ---- ---- 32 ---- 13

Riverside
1988 ---- ---- 9 ---- 10
1987 ---- ---- 24 ---- 17
1987 ---- ---- 9 ---- 21

Looks like he had a couple top ten finishs. I don't think you can say someone who is good 30 out of 32 races should win the championship because of not being good at a course where you turn left and right.

If they added up to 2 more road course, maybe drivers would practice and just put more effert into them.

Back
Top Bottom