What was your first concert?

Benevolent One

Team Owner
(First off, forgive me if this topic has been done before, as I figure it probably has and I may have even been a part of it, but I don't recall)

I'm not talking about the first concert you remember going to, necessarily, but I was thinking about the first one you chose to go to and bought your own tickets to? Although, if you would like to add the first one you remember going to instead, that's cool too. No real rules here. Just, wanting to share and gain insight into others on here.

Mine was Ozzy Ozbourne with Motley Crue opening on Feb 7, 1984. I just found Ozzy's setlist for that night and apparently Waysted was there, but I really don't remember anything about that. Then again, a lot of the 80's is a blur for me. I remember a lot of that night very vividly though, so apparently they weren't very memorable.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ozzy-osbourne/1984/richfield-coliseum-richfield-oh-43dd779b.html

3 dog night and Poco approx 1971 or 1972.
The ticket was $6.25.
I cut grass for spending money as a kid, I persuaded my parents to let me use my money to go.
My dad dropped me off ar the auditorium, I was about 10 years old. He was naive and just didnt know what went on inside a rock concert.

Forgot, my parent's took me to see Portor Wagoner and Dolly Parton in 69 or 70.
They did just like his tv show with Speck Row and Buck Trent included.

Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings in the seventys at the Indiana State Fair. I also saw Johnny Cash and June Carter in concert around that time also.

Don't really remember the first rock concert that I went to, but I do remember someone giving me VIP tickets to Rush, Moving Pictures concert at the Forum. I went to their Signals concert also. I like all kinds of music. Probably the first ever concert would be the L.A. Philharmonic Orchestra at the Music Center. I been to many country music concerts, seen Dwight Yoakam more times than I could count, even saw Depeche Mode twice, I've seen Jackson Browne, George Thorogood, Steve Miller...I can't remember them all.

I can't remember exactly, but it was either AC/DC at the Cow Palace in 1980, or a Day on the Green in Oakland in 1980 (Journey/Black Sabbath/Molly Hatchet/someone else)

The Everly Brothers, 1962 on base at Camp Lejeune NC.

3 dog night and Poco approx 1971 or 1972.
The ticket was $6.25.
I cut grass for spending money as a kid, I persuaded my parents to let me use my money to go.
My dad dropped me off ar the auditorium, I was about 10 years old. He was naive and just didnt know what went on inside a rock concert.
I got a paper route so I could get the money for this concert and others like it. For those of you too young to know what that is...when I got home from school during the week and really early on weekend mornings, the newspaper company would drop off anywhere from 50-200 or so newspapers (depending on the day) on the corner. I would load them up in a canvas bag around my neck and walk around and deliver them to people's houses.

Black Sabbath and Kiss, Providence Civic Center, R.I. 1975
Later that summer,I saw Brownsville Station (Smoking in the boys room ) And this new band called Boston at the now defunct Rocky Point Amusement Park in Warwick,R.I.Boston stole the show as did KISS.
I think tix were like $5.00 for Boston and $7.50 for Sabbath.

Black Sabbath and Kiss, Providence Civic Center, R.I. 1975
Later that summer,I saw Brownsville Station (Smoking in the boys room ) And this new band called Boston at the now defunct Rocky Point Amusement Park in Warwick,R.I.Boston stole the show as did KISS.
I think tix were like $5.00 for Boston and $7.50 for Sabbath.
That sounds like a couple of good shows. I never really could get into Sabbath myself. Some of the stuff with Dio was ok, but for the most part I just didn't get it. I always liked Ozzy's solo stuff better than what he did with them. Boston, Brownsville Station, and especially KISS had to be pretty great live.

Back
Top Bottom