What was your reaction to the firing of Andretti?

Your reaction to John Andretti's release from the No. 43 Dodge is:

• They should have let him finish out his contract.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let's see what Fittipaldi can do.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
W

Ward Burton

Your reaction to John Andretti's release from the No. 43 Dodge is:

I said that they should have let him finish out his contract. But then see what Fittipaldi could do.

I'm mixed on this one, hardley anyone gets to finish a contract if they are not doing well. If the driver tries to get ot of the contract....it's alot harder. I think the contracts benifit the owners. I don't really know anything about their contracts, so I may be way off base.

It might be better to put Christian in now because it will give the team a half season worth of testing time. By the time the season starts next year, they will be ahead of the game.

Niether choice suits me. Fittipaldi will do no better in that ride then John did.

I think they should put "Other" in the car and see what he can do! :)

How about they should have done it along time ago!! Thats what I would have voted for! But I said lets see what CF can do!

Originally posted by N2racin88@Jun 11 2003, 06:51 PM
Niether choice suits me. Fittipaldi will do no better in that ride then John did.
Christian will do even worse than John is my prediction. If performance is the reason Kyle fired John, then he needs to fire himself too!

I dout that PE gives a flying flip what I think. But I think they should have let him finish out the season. With the understanding he could be looking around for another ride. :D

Well apparently John Andretti's reaction was surprised according to this article.

Originally posted by pbunch@Jun 11 2003, 05:05 PM
To be honest,I was surprised he lasted as long as he did.
same here I think CF will give everyone a run for their money at Sears Point. That would be a nice way to start off the motorcycle ride with a PE win

Alot of people don't like CF, why? He has run in only 3 WC races! Phoniex was just a average race I belive. Daytona, he was a pole day contender, and ran great in the 125s, then got caught up in the big one. Texas he had a great run filling in for Kyle was running about 17th I belive when he lost his breaks and crashed!
Yes thats 2 crashed cars in 3 races, both of those were things he could not control

I wish peopel would stop ragging on Kyle and CF! Lets just wait and see what happens!

Originally posted by PettyBenson4510@Jun 11 2003, 11:30 PM
Alot of people don't like CF, why? He has run in only 3 WC races!
because he doesnt fit the good ol southern boy mold, so fans automatically think bad of him...

same has happened to robby gordon, jeff gordon, tony stewart, and ernie irvan to name a few...

if they arent from the south they are automatically labeled as outsiders that dont belong in nascar, which is just pure bullisht.

I think this is pretty much a countdown to the demise of Petty Enterprises..
You have Kyle Petty, and Christian Fittipaldi... I dont know how well CF will do, but Kyle Petty... the boy needs a revamp or something. Everytime I cut on the race, check out the running order, and see that Petty is like 42nd... 33 laps down, its a cryin' shame. Its not a one race a year thing either, its pretty much every week..

I say do the Brett Bodine deal. Cut a few races from your schedule, and rebuild that damn program.

Originally posted by bud_stud@Jun 12 2003, 12:18 AM
I say do the Brett Bodine deal. Cut a few races from your schedule, and rebuild that damn program.
Well that is not working too well now is it.

The problem with PE is Kyle. He's got to decide, like Michael Andretti did, whether he wants to drive or run the business. I believe he could be successful doing either, but doing both you just get a half-assed job with both of them. Firing John was just plain wrong.

I was surprised but not shocked. Now baby John can get a good ride. PE is basically dead in the water and its a shame.

I have a comment for those who said that they should have let him finish the contract!
WHY? More than likely PE will honor the payment of the contract, or at least some of it, maybe not I am not sure. But if they would have waited untill the end of the season to let him go then the 43 would still run like it is. With them Putting CF in the car now it just puts the team 6 months ahead of where it would be if John would have staye din the 43 car all year. This was to help with the 2004 seasn and to have CF learn most of the tracks and get familar with the cars. this is just a building year for CF, more than it is for PE. Yes PE might gain some more knowledge this year and start to run a little better, but if it was nto for the change PE would be stuck with the 2004 season as the learnign year. This just helps set everything up for 2004.
\Now all they have to do is figure something out to get the cars running better. Maybe a crew cheif change is needed for the 45, OK it is needed! They should get some new guy that worked as a car cheif for another Dodge team, and has some techincal knowledge!

Back
Top Bottom