What will Austin Dillon’s penalty be?

What will Austin Dillon’s penalty be

• Win stripped (DQ or put to rear of lead lap)

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Cucumbered win

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • $50,000 fine, 25-50 points; keeps win and playoff berth

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • No penalty

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • $50,000 reward for wrecking James Dennis

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't vote for the cucumber but I love the tag and was tempted go that way just for the fun.

My actual vote was to DQ him.

Surprised that Richard Childress hasn't pushed this to the Supreme Court for Full Immunity for any racing move that involves advancing toward making any of the playoff rounds.

Cause every point matters and implications and stuff.....

Dillon laid wide open the "win and you are in" B.S.. He took it to the limit. Technically he is right, he won and he is in. So now where is the line? You can wreck one but you can't wreck two I guess. It's a cluster. Nascar doesn't want to call balls and strikes and they probably hope like hell they don't have to. But they came up with the playoff format and they don't seem to want to take responsibility for the mess they have made. They can't make a rule because they want wrecking and fender banging for the win.
So they go back to Bill Sr.
I know a penalty when I see it lol.

I don't feel NASCAR decisions are as blatant as some want to believe. Back in the day when Big Bill France was in charge he made arbitrary decisions that were inconsistent and partial and it was obvious.

In later years NASCAR realized the fans and lower financed teams were tired of those arbitrary choices becoming vocal and NASCAR, in an effort to become a legitimate sport with rules and regulations, made changes. They implemented a strict inspection process and made others as well.
The penalty against RCR and Austin Dillon didn't satisfy many and that is understandable.
I get the bump and run like he used in the Daytona 500. That's racing and Dillon was the faster car.
NASCAR has come a long ways and they have a ways to go. To the naysayers, the questions should be, how does one determine what is a bump and run undeserving of penalty? Could there be parameters that require a penalty for "moving someone up the hill," for a win or position gain, a much more common practice now every point counts?
NASCAR has a tough job but IMO, they are constantly working on it and trying to come up with satisfactory guidelines to eliminate these questionable calls in the future. Try for a solution rather than castigating NASCAR because you don't like their response to a given situation.

Dillon should have waited for Daytona, where punting people during a GWC is a long-standing tradition.

He better get it done at Daytona somehow because he doesn't have the talent to win at Darlington.
Childress will probably give Dillon a big engine, and have him blow it up doing the winning burnout. 😁

Dillon should have waited for Daytona, where punting people during a GWC is a long-standing tradition.

He better get it done at Daytona somehow because he doesn't have the talent to win at Darlington.

I don’t know he needs to punt anyone. It is supposed to rain, so maybe a sudden burst of rain will take out the field for him.

Back
Top Bottom