What will the day bring

H

HardScrabble

Lot of questions surrounding the race today:

Will Ryan get his first win? - Fast enough, good enough. In all the races run at NHIS the winner has come from the front row only twice. There has been a second race at NHIS 5 times, the two times that the winner has come from the front row has been in the second race.

Points lead - Will Sterling hang on yet another week? SIx drivers have a shot at leaving NHIS with the lead. And if one of those can not only have the lead but win the race, the Leader Bonus is at a record high.

How will the track hold uo - Many drivers drivers have commented that the surface is much better than last race here. Those with early qualifyng times might not agree, so it goes. Did read one driver's comments that the track is slowing with each practice session (times say that is true). He also opined that the surface is deteriorating and will get worse when 43 cars go at it in ernest.

More questions as well, Let's go racin!!:)

I believe rusty said it best! get the bull dozers out Monday morning & fix the track In stead of putting bandaids on it!

For these heavy stock cars to run a track they need banking to plant the car into the track .
the flat tracks make the cars slide & scuff off the rubber on the tires.

Newman is on the verge of getting that first win, only a matter of time. If somehow he doesn't get it this week, he will get it sometime before this season ends.

Sterling is hurting, but hopefully he is good enough to go. He's a tough guy, so I'm sure he'll be okay for this weekend. They are right on his tail, though, he's got to have a solid run to stay in contention.

I actually agree with the bulldozer method. That little part of the track they added has helped that track, but as Rusty said, it is just a temporary fix.

I say forget the bulldozer, just move the races to a different track.

I think we're going to see a big points shuffle today.

I vote for the bulldozer. Rip it up and have a fresh start next year. I think Sterling is one hurtn' puppy. I look for him to take it easy and try to play it smart. Mark always runs hard, though, so we will see a new points leader after the race. (sorry sterling, the end has come) I'd say that Jeff will be the leader, but he is starting back a ways, so I have to give it to Mark. (that hurts) But, Jeff will be second. Another question, how big a factor will the weather be today?

Was considering whether or not to add the weather, we can hope no factor.

If it is Jeff Burton has got to be a fav, big winner at this track and in weather challenged contests.:)

well, it's raining here in PA, so let's hope it stays away from New Hampshire.

Raining here in MA too.

I think all of New England is pretty muched under it. Not looking good.

Just checked the weather it is raining at the track, rain is forcast for tomorrow too. Now I don't have to flip channels from the race to the Saints-Packers game.

Checked the garage cams from NOL and it doesn't look like its raining.

The forecast it not good, POP 60% increasing to 80% as the day progresses. If faced with delays and a long day, wonder how NBC will deal with it?

Originally posted by coonhound
Just checked the weather it is raining at the track, rain is forcast for tomorrow too.  Now I don't have to flip channels from the race to the Saints-Packers game.

You can always watch the F1 race on ABC. Should be a nice, crisp digital feed too!

Montoya just shattered the all time record for fast qualifying lap ever!

They are racing in Italy, Monza.

Going to be a hell of a race. Fastest circuit in F1 right now.

cool, I'll watch that, I think the IRL race is at 1:00, at Texas motor speedway, oughta be a good one too.

Originally posted by coonhound
I say forget the bulldozer, just move the races to a different track.

I think we're going to see a big points shuffle today.

My thoughts........one race a year is more than enough. How about going back to Nazareth? :)

Great day for racing, that's for sure coonohound.

The IRL championship will be decided today, will go down to the last turn on the last lap...WOW!

Back
Top Bottom