What's your favorite genre?

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
What do you like best? Drama, action, thiller, romance, comedy, musicals, erotica? How about documentaries or music concerts? Personally, I like a movie that moves and that probably is an action movie. But dramas are good too. I love comedies, but seldom watch them any more.

I watch the Action-Adventure movies the most. Some thrillers, westerns, spy stuff. I like some comedies if I'm in the mood. I watched In Too Deep with Omar Epps tonight. It was decent.

I love the old musicals --- particularly with Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly. I do enjoy a good comedy.

Historical movies are a favorite, but I'm usually too picky with the "artistic license" some directors use with the historical facts. LOL

I love the old musicals --- particularly with Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly. I do enjoy a good comedy.

Historical movies are a favorite, but I'm usually too picky with the "artistic license" some directors use with the historical facts. LOL

How do you feel about realism in the movies? It took me a while after I left the Air Force before I didn't notice that many of the jets the movies called Soviet aircraft, weren't really Soviet but rather good old American military jets. I guess in the old days, it was hard for Hollywood to get the real thing, but in today's standards, people expect nothing but the real McCoy.

Yes, I'm one of those people that notices things aren't quite right --- like long shadows when it is supposed to be the middle of the day. Clocks that mysteriously lose time.

Buck, if you like old movies try a couple of my favs
"Dinner at Eight" with both John and Lionel Barrymore, Marie Dressler, and Jean Harlow
"The Women" with Roslind Russell and Joan Crawford

As far as the old musicals go, if Busby Burkely did the choreography it is one I have to see. His stuff was unreal.

Most def. Thrillers! Nothing like cuddeling up to my pillow
on my couch, holding a blanket waiting to cover my eyes,
hasnt happpened yet though..I aint found one scary enough :D

Most def. Thrillers! Nothing like cuddeling up to my pillow
on my couch, holding a blanket waiting to cover my eyes,
hasnt happpened yet though..I aint found one scary enough :D

You want scary or thrilling? There are plenty of thrillers that aren't necessarily scary, but still have you sitting on the edge of your seat. I think the mystery of the thriller is tops and movies like "Crimes of Passion" will fill that need. Now that movie will keep you guessing, even if you think you know.

I'm not a 'scary' movie fan. I remember going to the drive-in with my parents long, long ago to see "War of the Worlds" --- kept my face buried in the backseat -- scared silly.

I think the last scary movie I went to see was in the late 50s --- I think the name was "The Killer Shrews" --- my little bro wanted to see it. I spent the movie with my hands over my eyes.

After reading The Exorcist, I certainly couldn't see the movie. LOL

I'm not a 'scary' movie fan. I remember going to the drive-in with my parents long, long ago to see "War of the Worlds" --- kept my face buried in the backseat -- scared silly.

I think the last scary movie I went to see was in the late 50s --- I think the name was "The Killer Shrews" --- my little bro wanted to see it. I spent the movie with my hands over my eyes.

After reading The Exorcist, I certainly couldn't see the movie. LOL

I've seen all the scary movies that have been made since I've been born and many more. As far as I'm concerned, THE mose scariest movie I've ever seen is "The Exorcist". Of course, they are now able to make movies with FX that is even more realistic than The Exorcist, but if you've never seen that movie and hadn't read the book, that one will give you nightmares. I think what made it so scary was the uniqueness of it all. Most of the old horror flicks had the same old stuff that worked in the beginning, like the subject looking as though something was wrong, looking through the house and then a cat bounding out of the kitchen or a bird taking flight. That works on the premise that the viewer is expecting something bad happening. Like the movies "Scary Movie" and what followed, there was a certain formula that those scary movies followed.

Any movie with gratuitous nudity that isn't a chick flick, action-adventure, horror, comedy, but most of all lots and lots of hunting and fishing videos.

You want scary or thrilling? There are plenty of thrillers that aren't necessarily scary, but still have you sitting on the edge of your seat. I think the mystery of the thriller is tops and movies like "Crimes of Passion" will fill that need. Now that movie will keep you guessing, even if you think you know.

Oh, I have def. had the pleasure of sitting on the edge of my couch at times...Now the movie "The Grudge" loved that!! Talking about a noise you always remember..lol!!

I guess the last really scary movie that I watched was the Blair Witch Project. In many ways, this movie was very radical as it was filmed by the three actors in a live action style. What made it so scary to me is that it made me use my own imagination as to what was out there. Reminded me of when I was a youngster and a little afraid of the dark. You never saw any violence, yet you knew it was there. The ending was very dramatic to me also. We knew that the kids were all gone, but we never did find out what happened to them or why. And, we were present at the end of one of them's life. It was as though we were seeing what they saw and got hit from behind.

Back
Top Bottom