when his luck going to turn around?

G

ghettozoe03

man it seems like everytime the weekend starts out good something ruins it!!! man i just wonder when it is going to turn around for him and how many point postitions is he going to loose?

A: It has..............oh you mean turn back good...LOL. The racing gods are a fickle lot. I think Richard Childress said the whole thing can go away in one week........but it takes months to get it back.

B: See A

Jeff is having a season or two like every driver/team has at some point. When you're fast, it's either too early in the race or too late. When you're not fast you can't make any adjustment do anything, when you are fast, every adjustment you make just screws it up. When you're having that kind of season even making no adjustments to a good car seems to go all wrong, like happened last night.

Gordon is a good enough driver and the team has all the elements they need. It will get better. It might never get as good as it was a few years back...........but it will get better.

Originally posted by ghettozoe03@Aug 24 2003, 08:51 PM
man it seems like everytime the weekend starts out good something ruins it!!! man i just wonder when it is going to turn around for him and how many point postitions is he going to loose?
He'll be alright. Jeff will finish in the top five.

Not to worry. Look at the positive side. Jeff had two flat tires last night, and fought his way back toward the front. He got caught up in a wreck, a racing incident and dropped like a rock. He can still run with the younger dogs.

When a driver can take a car and run it as he did in the first half, have the misfortunes he had, then come back, again, well, he done good. It shows me he hasn't given up, can drive and his bad luck, well, let's just hope it doesn't last as long as the four years it took to win those championships cause he had a lot of good luck then. He did lose a lot of time in the pits last night, once through equipment malfunction. These things do happen. I just wonder how many "fair weather" fans there are supporting JG.

I think Lady Luck abandoned Jeff and jumped on Matt Kenseth's shoulders. Not to take anything away from Kenseth, but he has dodged a few bullets this year that could have been costly. :D

Once you go into a huge runt in which Jeff Gordon is in now, it is very very hard to get out of it. Bobby Labonte is in the same runt, as well as Tony and several others. The best time for him to get out of it is now, since the next few tracks are very good for him.

As far as Jeff finishing in the top 10, I honestly dont see it at all. Taking nothing away from him, there are just too many strong guys coming up on his heels right now.

-Kenseth has the championship won.
-Junior and Harvick will battle it out for 2nd.
-Jimmie is solidly in fourth, as long as he doesnt falter towards the end of the year like he did last year.
-Jeff is in 5th, but just behind him is Busch and Newman, both drivers are very hot right now and made a strong push at the end of the season last year.
-Waltrip and Labonte are slowly falling.
-Robby Gordon is keeping pace, although his performace at Darlington might make or break his run for a top 10 finish in points.
-Tony Stewart is steady and solid in 11th in points.

All other drivers are quiet behind, and not any real threat at finishing in the top 10 in points. Therefore, my predictions for who finished in the top 10 in points out of these 11 drivers are:

1 Kenseth
2 Harvick
3 Earnhardt, Jr
4 Busch
5 Johnson
6 Newman
7 J Gordon
8 R Gordon
9 B Labonte
10 Stewart

with the odd man out, in 11th place being Waltrip.

Im just hoping really soon..+* these last couple of weeks have been a killer 4 us gordon fans..:( i want to see im back in 98 form..lol..

Originally posted by JG fan@Aug 24 2003, 02:53 PM
Im just hoping really soon..+* these last couple of weeks have been a killer 4 us gordon fans..:( i want to see im back in 98 form..lol..
I doubt that anybody will ever have a season like that again.

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Aug 24 2003, 02:39 PM
All other drivers are quiet behind, and not any real threat at finishing in the top 10 in points. Therefore, my predictions for who finished in the top 10 in points out of these 11 drivers are:

1 Kenseth
2 Harvick
3 Earnhardt, Jr
4 Busch
5 Johnson
6 Newman
7 J Gordon
8 R Gordon
9 B Labonte
10 Stewart

with the odd man out, in 11th place being Waltrip.
I think thats a pretty accurate prediction, theres no doubt Newman and a lot of other guys are closing in fast, unless Gordon starts racking up wins and top 5s or top 10s then he's falling. It's just a few points separating 6th on down so Jeff might be in trouble that is if he continues on the performance path he's on now.

Last I checked Jeff Gordon's leading the series with 1,079 laps led,doesn't sound like a performance problem to Me,mainly bad luck & getting punted & etc.,4 DNF's in a season will not help any driver in the point standings,but there's still a 1/3 of the season left,I sure wouldn't doubt that Jeff can still finish in the Top 5 in point standings,My prediction is that Jeff will finish in 3rd position,He's been in that position for most of the season afterall :D

I agree with you RobbieG they are all just having some really bad luck. I sure hope that it is turned around soon, Jr., Tony and Jeff cannot win them all I guess. Robbie ,Harvick and Newman are have a pretty good year though....good for them :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom