Where are the Orioles I miss?

Three wins in the last four games :eek:

Where are the Orioles I've grown to love? :confused:

Trust me, they will be back soon enough. ;)

The Indians had a great day on Monday when they swept the Twins in a day-night double header to push their lead over Minnesota in the division to 7 games. They got a great game by Justin Masterson on Tuesday night throwing 7 2/3 shutout innings. However, they squandered many chances to score and only scored one run the whole game. They took a 1-0 lean into the 9th inning and their closer, Chris Perez, blew only his second save of the season and gave up 2 runs to lose the game. Had it not been about 95 degrees with a heat index of 110 Masterson would have probably been allowed to finish the game. He was practically unhittable. They also lost two starting outfielders as well, that probably had something to do with the offense and defense on the night. Michael Brantley was a late scratch with a stomach ailment and Travis Buck got beaned in the head with a fastball early in the game and had to leave. That left them with a utility infielder playing left field for most of the game.

I'm getting a little frustrated with our guys getting beaned and not hitting any other players to keep them honest. Lonnie Chisenhall was hit in the face by a fastball a few weeks ago that broke a bone in his face. Then Travis Buck got hit in the head by a fastball last night. I'm not suggesting hitting anybody in the head, that could actually be fatal, but drilling a few guys in the ribs might make the other teams' pitchers a little less likely to feel like they can hit our guys with impunity.

Three wins in the last four games :eek:

Where are the Orioles I've grown to love? :confused:

They screwed up my streak on espn.com....

As far as your question about the kids and I going to ODS Saturday, I don't know yet. Going to depend on the weather, 100* with heat index at 110 ain't my cup of tea anymore. We might head out for a little while in the evening, but probably not during the afternoon. I'll shoot you a message if we decide to head out...

Not sure I was busy watching the first team to 60 wins:beerbang:

They screwed up my streak on espn.com....

As far as your question about the kids and I going to ODS Saturday, I don't know yet. Going to depend on the weather, 100* with heat index at 110 ain't my cup of tea anymore. We might head out for a little while in the evening, but probably not during the afternoon. I'll shoot you a message if we decide to head out...

Let me know... I'll be around. I'll probably be wearing a black, green and white Danica Patrick hat.

The temperature's gonna be horrendous, but I'll probably be on an air conditioned hauler with one of the teams.

Back
Top Bottom