Where's the Austin Dillon Announcement?

WhiningSmoke

Team Owner
How come RCR hasn't announced that Austin Dillon's driving Sprint Cup next year? What are they waiting for?

I'm going to guess that the announcement will come out next weekend at Charlotte. They tend to make a lot of year end announcements that weekend. What a better way to debut that #3 Cheerios car when you have a captive audience near your race shop? That's my guess.

Richard is smart for keeling the announcement under wraps. You see how this forum reacted to it? And it's only like 15people going back & forth at it on one thread. Now take that to all of America. It'll insite a redneck riot

Richard is smart for keeling the announcement under wraps. You see how this forum reacted to it? And it's only like 15people going back & forth at it on one thread. Now take that to all of America. It'll insite a redneck riot
I think that is exactly what they've been doing, one small leak at a time. They first throw out the possibility of using the number again in Cup. That's followed by an Earnhardt Jr & Kelly endorsement. Then there's a convenient picture leaked of the #3 car promo shoot with Cheerios as the sponsor. More recently the pic of Austin himself sporting the Cheerios fire suit. One small piece of the puzzle at a time to gauge the NASCAR fan's perspective.

I'm going to guess that the announcement will come out next weekend at Charlotte. They tend to make a lot of year end announcements that weekend. What a better way to debut that #3 Cheerios car when you have a captive audience near your race shop? That's my guess.
YEP.

I think that is exactly what they've been doing, one small leak at a time. They first throw out the possibility of using the number again in Cup. That's followed by an Earnhardt Jr & Kelly endorsement. Then there's a convenient picture leaked of the #3 car promo shoot with Cheerios as the sponsor. More recently the pic of Austin himself sporting the Cheerios fire suit. One small piece of the puzzle at a time to gauge the NASCAR fan's perspective.
Or to try and acclimate the ones against it slowly instead of dropping it on them like a brick. :D

I will never like seeing the 3 on the track without Dale E but I guess I will have to learn to accept it. Nothing I can do about it anyhow

I miss Dale Earnhardt :(

I will never like seeing the 3 on the track without Dale E but I guess I will have to learn to accept it. Nothing I can do about it anyhow

I miss Dale Earnhardt :(

Did you have a favorite driver before Kyle?

Did you have a favorite driver before Kyle?

Yes I did, it was Dale Earnhardt. After Dales Death I no longer enjoyed the sport and stopped watching for several years. About 4 years ago my daughter bought tickets for us at the Phoenix race and talked me into going. Been a Kyle Busch fan ever since and am back to enjoying the sport again. It will be tough for my family and I to see the 3 on the track again though.

Yes I did, it was Dale Earnhardt. After Dales Death I no longer enjoyed the sport and stopped watching for several years. About 4 years ago my daughter bought tickets for us at the Phoenix race and talked me into going. Been a Kyle Busch fan ever since and am back to enjoying the sport again. It will be tough for my family and I to see the 3 on the track again though.

Well I'm glad you were able to get back into it.

It's all about the number 3, they want to bring it back the right way with the right sponsor & look & oh yeah, blessings from the Earnhardt's. The number was supposed to be reserved for Dale Jr or another Earnhardt but the way things have been going for him I don't think he's ever gonna be ready to try & take that on & Jeffrey is lightyears away from even being competitive in the Busch Series...

How is Dillon a terrible driver when he's succeeded at every level of racing he's ever been in? Just because his grandfather owns his team and he drives the #3? How does that make him a terrible driver?

How is Dillon a terrible driver when he's succeeded at every level of racing he's ever been in? Just because his grandfather owns his team and he drives the #3? How does that make him a terrible driver?
Without great equipment and ****loads of moola, he's okay. Kinda like Paul Menard or something.

So does JGR, HMS-JR, Brad Keselowski racing, Penske, The other RCR cars and so on.
Like best equipment in NW by a long shot. Gramps is working his ass off to give Dillon equipment 10x any other driver.

Like best equipment in NW by a long shot. Gramps is working his ass off to give Dillon equipment 10x any other driver.
Tell that to the list and see what they say, JGR, HMS-JR, Brad Keselowski racing, Penske, The other RCR cars and so on, they would say the same thing I would, they are all giving the best equipment possible.

Tell that to the list and see what they say, JGR, HMS-JR, Brad Keselowski racing, Penske, The other RCR cars and so on, they would say the same thing I would, they are all giving the best equipment possible.
Ugh...I am not gonna win this arguement am I...

So now your refusal to call Dillon a good driver is going to a conspiracy about him getting better equipment than everybody else?

Back
Top Bottom