Which band took a bigger nosedive?

No question avaiable to import.

• Guns 'N Roses

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metallica

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I guess our votes crossed each other out ;)

Metallica fell from a higher grace in my opinion. Fade to Black used to make me cry:anon:

Guns & Roses, I'd say. Axl was considered a rock god, at one point. Now, he's just another bloated has-been. Metallica, however, still gets lots of respect.

Then again, this isn't my core genre. TWF's opinion surely counts more. :)

That so called "Guns 'n' Roses" performance on the MTV awards was about as bad as it gets so I'll have to send my vote that way. I used to really like those guys too.

Why aboo, you make me blush...:eek:

I am a big fan of both bands. I have seen GNR live. Every time I plan to go see Metallica, something prevents it. :(

GNR rose very quickly. They literally took the music industry by the bawls and led it around for awhile there. The problem was, the band members didn't like each other. Lots of in-fighting. Another problem was they had less than zero respect for their fans.

Metallica was one of the more honest bands around. IMO, the day Cliff Burton died, they became a different band; they went from dead set against videos to MTV whores. They used to openly encourage fans to bring tape recorders and video cameras to the shows and bootleg them; now they close Napster down. Who cares about the haircuts a few years ago, hair don't play a note.

The big difference to me is simply this: I still like Metallica's music. Reload was awesome, Garage Inc. was fascinating, could care less about S&M. GNR's last few CDs were hideous.

I'll still take KISS, AC/DC, W.A.S.P., or Judas Priest over either of them for the hard stuff.

I thought G-N-R sucked when they were popular. I've always been disgusted by Axel Rose. Metallica ROCKS...I still like them. People don't like them anymore since they cut their hair, to me HAIR don't make the MUSIC. So YOU know who I voted for.

Lee Michaels Band.After his only hit,Do you know what I mean.

Guns n roses dropped quicker, I was a big fan, still have their CDS. I thought their performance on MTV was horrible.

Originally posted by B.C. - 24
That so called "Guns 'n' Roses" performance on the MTV awards was about as bad as it gets so I'll have to send my vote that way.  I used to really like those guys too.

What was up with the dude with the KFC bucket on his head?

These bands were during my kids' era, but I loved Every Rose has it's thorn......then GnR faded away

Metallica STILL ROCKS.

Every rose has its thorn is by poison, These is the stuff I grew up with.

Typical G, D, C Chords[Every Rose Has Its Thorn];) Who can name some other songs that used the same structure?I will give you a start.Knockin on heavens door,Bob Dylan.

Hey little buddy,Whats up?I told you tonight was gonna be a BudLight night.I Told Ms Pbunch no Sims tonight That puter is mine.:D

Originally posted by Shiloh
Dude, where's Winger?

;)

Who cares? :D

Actually, I was a huge fan of all the 80s glam/hair bands except Winger, Warrant, Nelson and Europe. Pretty Boy Floyd was cool, D'Molls were great, Vain was OK, and then there were the ones normal people might have heard of like Crue, Poison, Faster Pussycat, and Hanoi Rocks. Guess I'm showing my age, but that's OK. One of these days I'll find that picture of the band I used to work with...they were something else. Made Poison look masculine.

TnWard,What did you do with all your Partridge Family albums.I bet you still got a poster of Susan Dey. :p Man that girls picture took me thru puberty.Grrrrrrrr :D

"Made Poison look masculine."

That's just downright SCARY!!!!

:mygawd:

pb, I can assure you that had I ever owned a Partridge Family LP, I'd probably still have it. :D You can't move in here for the LPs, CDs, and KISS memorabelia I have amassed over the years. And I wonder why I'm so broke...

Did you collect all these before you cut your hair and dyed it blond like Frampton did?:p I got a few albums also,I even still have a turntable that I have had for 21 yrs.My speakers[Bose] I have had about 18 yrs.Pioneer rec. 300 watt,Damn thing weighs a ton,but still kicks arse.:)

LOL pbunch CUT his hair???? ummm he hasn't cut it as of yet and its still blonde like frampton had in the 80's. And YES he really does have have all his collection. There is more vinyl than clothes in his closet. and his stereo and cd's take up the wall in our room. UGHHHHH we need a bigger house. lol

LOL IronMan28, I can sympathize. My ex was a DJ and he had 12 milk crates FULL of albums. They were always sitting out where anyone could see them. I finally decided to move them myself and threw my back out. Those things weigh a TON when you put 'em all together!!

I have cut my hair above the collar exactly twice in the last 20 years. Hated it both times too. So Frampton is the only one who cut his hair back in the 80s. My blonde is natural too. :)

I still have a turntable also pb. Kenwood, nice one. I bought about a dozen needles for it when I finally found a place that had them, so I'm set for awhile. I still have two enormous Zenith speakers I've used and abused for about 25 years, plus a nice pair of Sansuis for when I wanna rattle the neighbor's dishes. Throw in a Pioneer tuner/amp, a Fisher 5 disc CD, a Sony cassette deck, and an Akai reel to reel and I got a purty nice rig going. Oh, plus my 1966 Wurlitzer jukebox....sweet. IM28 bitches all the time about all the space my CDs, LPs and stereo take up, but the funny thing is, I can't hear her over the music most of the time. :p Fortunately, we like MOSTLY the same music, so it's not usually a problem.

Back
Top Bottom