Which racetrack do you want off the cup schedule?

*WEAVER*

Team Owner
If you could take one racetrack off of the cup schedule, which track would it be?

I wouldn't take any one of them off of the schedule but I would like to see each of them only have a single date. Open up the remaining dates to some other tracks that have the infrastructure to host an event of that size.

Prediction..... Pocono and Indy will be the losers in this thread.

Last edited:
There is NO WAY Nascar will give away dates for their tracks and Bruton will fight that in court with his last dollar.
They could try some other tracks with a combination Truck and Xf races on the same day. I would love to see Cup race at Road America if that
is the name of the track where Xf races.

Kentucky would get eliminated.

Kansas, Pocono, Texas, Michigan, Charlotte (fall race) Daytona firecracker 400 and the Talladega chase event, all knocked down to one event.
No more busch/nationwide,/Xfinity at Indianapolis and it is back to IRP.

It should be noted that all 1.5 tri or quad ovals should get only one cup event per year.
Any attempts to get a second date would require reconfiguring those tracks to a unique layout and preferably one mile or smaller.
All one 1.5 mile quads should be told to seriously consider reconfiguring their copy cat clones into something unique for continued long term scheduling considerations. But Charlotte would always keep the 600 due to being original and the template for other bastards.

Anyone offended by opinion shouldn't worry. None of the above will ever happen. We all know who owns the tracks and who makes the schedule.

Benny Hinn and Ernest Angley have as much integrity with their buisness models.

Move Coke, Pepsi, Firecracker 400 to Homestead in July.

Then use that date at Daytona for season championship final race on the road course circuit at Daytona International Speedway.

Come on guys and gals ya gota admit a road course race in Daytona would be bad ass to the bone. Where else can you see the whole course at one time? No where. :pbjtime:

Talladega. Plate tracks suck, but Daytona can at least be salvaged by using the road course.

Interesting topic, by the way. It's a little different variation from the old "How would you change the schedule" chestnut.

Last edited:
I like your post Greg. You nailed it.

Between your post, Dun's, SpeedPagan's, Get that 88 Up There and FL's, its a wrap. I feel the same.

kansas and loudon, I don't think it was a good idea to double up kansas, doesn't the attendance kinda suck there too?? used to be california but that track is actually putting on great races the last couple years. I really wish darlington had 2 races again thats the first change I would make.

Charlotte. It feels like they have 14 races a year from there. I wouldn't do away with it, just move the All-Star race to a different track each season.

Why Martinsville? It usually has the best race of the entire schedule!
Just not a shorttrack fan..... Everyone seems to enjoy them the most. I never did.... not even a Bristol fan.... Richmond..... I don't mind it. Probably my favorite race in the past was Rockingham. I like Darlington..... I never miss Daytona or Talladega.

Just not a shorttrack fan..... Everyone seems to enjoy them the most. I never did.... not even a Bristol fan.... Richmond..... I don't mind it. Probably my favorite race in the past was Rockingham. I like Darlington..... I never miss Daytona or Talladega.

Fair enough, but NASCAR was born on the short tracks, people were racing on short dirt tracks all across the Southeast before Bill France Sr. thought to organize NASCAR inside a Florida Hotel Room.

Fair enough, but NASCAR was born on the short tracks, people were racing on short dirt tracks all across the Southeast before Bill France Sr. thought to organize NASCAR inside a Florida Hotel Room.
You are correct in every way ........... and I certainly respect that in how all this sport got started. Beating and banging in the hopes of bringing home a small paycheck to feed the family , fix the car and get bragging rights. Had it not been for that we would never be enjoying what we see today. I have the utmost respect for Big Bill and his wife. I just got hooked early on seeing cars running on the long tracks. I like speed. Seeing 43 cars running around a half mile oval ...... When the flag drops.... the last qualifying car is already fixin' to get lapped by the leader ...... That just never interested me all that much. I can appreciate everyone's opinions as to why they like short track racing so much. It seems to be everyone's favorite. Just not mine. ;)

I used to be like you, but got to like shorties better now

I agree 99% with dpkimmel that no track should be removed and that all tracks should have only one race with the exception of Daytona … I feel Daytona should keep both their Feb and July races …

Tracks I would like to see fill that void would be Iowa, IRP (was disappointed when NASCAR replaced this race in the Nationwide series), Memphis, Road America, Road Atlanta, Sebring, North Wilkesboro and the Milwaukee Mile to mention a few … I know I'm dreaming …

I'll be honest, I think Talladega should be removed from the schedule. I mean, is there any real discernible difference between a race at Daytona and a rage at Talladega? I mean they're both super speedways where it used to be tandem racing, but now it's pack racing and moving to the front is totally dependent on drafting.

I agree 99% with dpkimmel that no track should be removed and that all tracks should have only one race with the exception of Daytona … I feel Daytona should keep both their Feb and July races …

Tracks I would like to see fill that void would be Iowa, IRP (was disappointed when NASCAR replaced this race in the Nationwide series), Memphis, Road America, Road Atlanta, Sebring, North Wilkesboro and the Milwaukee Mile to mention a few … I know I'm dreaming …
I agree with dropping IRP........ in the nationwide...... even though I don't like short tracks...... that race was phenomenal......

I'll be honest, I think Talladega should be removed from the schedule. I mean, is there any real discernible difference between a race at Daytona and a rage at Talladega? I mean they're both super speedways where it used to be tandem racing, but now it's pack racing and moving to the front is totally dependent on drafting.
I didn't like the tandem racing one lick...... I'd rather see pack racing.....

Honestly, the only difference I can tell between the 'Tona and the 'Dega is where the start/finish line is.

If forced to choose, I preferred the tandem. At least when one of the cars screwed up, the resulting wreck didn't take out as many others. But it's like choosing between chewing cigarette butts or drinking tobacco spit.

If forced to choose, I preferred the tandem. At least when one of the cars screwed up, the resulting wreck didn't take out as many others. But it's like choosing between chewing cigarette butts or drinking tobacco spit.
LOL............ The pack racing separates the men from the boys...... takes ****loads of talent and nerves of steel to do that.........

I think it's time to end the Brickyard expirement. Those Indy races are usually snoozers, and it always looks like there are about 12 people in the stands.
Indy is boring as hell but they probably bring in a decent crowd still, it just has such a large capacity that it looks like a college football spring game. And it's at least technically demanding on the drivers.

The problem with tracks like Indy and honestly most 1.5 mile tracks, is that they were built for IndyCars. They were built for cars with high downforce, which a stock car is not. That's why races at Indy, Kansas and Texas are so boring.

I think it's time to end the Brickyard expirement. Those Indy races are usually snoozers, and it always looks like there are about 12 people in the stands.

Yep they suck at Indy.
The worst place for a cup car, showcased in a world famous location. A spotlight to highlight Nascar at its worse.

If a newbie were to evaluate the caliber of the two series Sprint Cup and Indy just off the quality performance at indianapolis , NASCAR would loose.

And in spite of Nascar's PR machine a Brickyard win, will never equate to a 500 win.
The Nascar PR machine just sounds like a desperate attention whore when they spew such idiocy.

No more busch/nationwide,/Xfinity at Indianapolis and it is back to IRP.
Not only did moving away from IRP to Indy piss me off in terms of the racing product, but they actually let the race winner kiss the bricks. So Brad Keselowski wins the Indy 250 JV race and gets to kiss the bricks. Smfh.

Back
Top Bottom