Who do you want as champ

Chase Elliott. But I wouldn’t hate Harvick or Larson winning. The rest you can keep.

Who do I want? Blaney, but doubt that will happen because even if he makes it into the final 4, Homestead is not a good track for him.

Chase, but I think that mountain might be too steep to climb twice in the same playoffs

Truex, Denny, Larson, or Chase I'll accept.... the rest can kick rocks till next year

Who do I want to be the champion?
MTJ - pretty self-explanatory.
KyBu - he would be leading the points anyway and has had a consistent season that begs for another title.
Chase Elliott - who wouldn't want to see this happen?

Who would I not mind seeing be the champion?
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney. At least they saved their best moments for when it counted most. Seeing either of them win it all wouldn't be the end of the world for me, but I'd be surprised if either of them advance.

Would be the first back-to-back champion since Jimmie went back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back.
Yeah and theres a good chance of someone becoming the only 2x champion in the field besides JJ too.. Half the drivers left have one. I'd say Denny is most likely to continue the streak of first time champs(disregarding 2016) but I really think at this point Truex is the guy to beat. Still I have hope for the 22 all it takes is a couple good races from here.

Top Pick
Logano

Acceptable 2019 Champs

Blaney
Harvick
Chase
Larson

Unacceptable 2019 Champs
MTJ
KDB
Hamlin

I may be in for some disappointment...

Anyone who has not been champ before I would be good with.

Larson, Blaney, Chase, Hamlin, Busch are ok with me. Harvick is eh. Logano and Truex are 2 of my top 3 least favorites to see win anything.

I really want Chase to get one before the new car rolls out. Once we go composite body, spec chassis, spec engine, and everything else, there's no telling what we're going to see. A win this year or next would mean more to me as a fan than winning one 5+ years from now.

Yeah and theres a good chance of someone becoming the only 2x champion in the field besides JJ too.. Half the drivers left have one. I'd say Denny is most likely to continue the streak of first time champs(disregarding 2016) but I really think at this point Truex is the guy to beat. Still I have hope for the 22 all it takes is a couple good races from here.
Aside from Johnson in 2007, it's been 15 years since another driver won title #2. Tony Stewart in 2005. In fact, ignoring Stewart in 1999, no one who has entered the cup series since 2000 has won more than 1 title thanks to Stewart and Johnson. And if they were both racing in their primes today, it would be no different.

Anyway. Kyle Busch has been around for years. Aside from Johnson, no one won more than Kyle. Except Stewart.. Stewart won 43 races quicker actually, but Kyle didn't slow down. At 34 he has 55 wins, which is more than any active driver, aside from Johnson and maybe Logano, will have ever.

Kyle should be the next 2x champ, him or Harv.. they've done the most since and against Johnson. Denny deserves his first.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I want Chase or Blaney, as they are the primary guys I pull for. Neither is likely. I actually predicted Blaney would win Homestead in the great prediction thread.

I predicted Joey to be first time repeat champion since this format was introduced and am sticking to my guns.

Aside from Johnson in 2007, it's been 15 years since another driver won title #2. Tony Stewart in 2005. In fact, ignoring Stewart in 1999, no one who has entered the cup series since 2000 has won more than 1 title thanks to Stewart and Johnson. And if they were both racing in their primes today, it would be no different.

Anyway. Kyle Busch has been around for years. Aside from Johnson, no one won more than Kyle. Except Stewart.. Stewart won 43 races quicker actually, but Kyle didn't slow down. At 34 he has 55 wins, which is more than any active driver, aside from Johnson and maybe Logano, will have ever.

Kyle should be the next 2x champ, him or Harv.. they've done the most since and against Johnson. Denny deserves his first.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yeah Kyle deserves it but lately his performance hasn't been up to par with his teammates. Given past stats yeah he seems most likely to be who would get 2 but I dunno I see Truex having better odds than him this season.

Denny is too much of a tool for me to want to call him a champion. He could go get it but I really hope he doesn't. Tbh I hope he goes his entire career without one. Probably the only top tier driver I can say that about.

Back
Top Bottom